'11 koh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 koh

Got back from my trip to California to watch the 5th running of the King of the Hammers race. Had an incredible time and can say that is was worth every minute of the drive.

One thing I can say is that pictures and stories that I heard can't do this place any justice. Earlier in the week we ran a trail that lasted over 4 hours and didn't see a single sole the whole time. That place is HUGE! It can literally be several miles to the next trail.

Here's a few pictures I've uploaded. I'll work on adding some more and a few videos.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=fdb4f7f8a0

Trail list that we ran;

Jack Hammer
    Sunbonnet Pass
    Chocolate Thunder
    Tack Hammer
    Big Johnson
    Gate Keeper
    Sledge Hammer
    Short Bus

Attempted;

Back Door (Resulted in a roll over)
    Jack North (The comp buggies had a huge hole dug out on the peak of a ridge, tried it a couple times then decided to turn back)

Looks like you guys had a ton oh fun! Johnson Valley is another one of the places on my bucket list! KOH would be awesome to see live in person.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Wally

Comment

so where are the pics of you and your YJ ?
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
        so where are the pics of you and your YJ ?
        We only had room for one rig and my buddies Yota is way more capable than my Jeep. Some day I hope to be able to take my Jeep out there.

Comment

10 roger out over wilco four ! ;-)

is that the white pickup ?
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
            10 roger out over wilco four ! ;-)

is that the white pickup ?
            Yes the White Toyota 4 Runner

Comment

Looks like a great place to visit sometime in the future.

The orange buggy in photo number 44 belongs to Corey Kruchkowski from Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. Several of us wheeled with Corey and his wife Rayne in Moab in September of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by glenrichardson View Post
                Looks like a great place to visit sometime in the future.

The orange buggy in photo number 44 belongs to Corey Kruchkowski from Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. Several of us wheeled with Corey and his wife Rayne in Moab in September of 2009.
                Yeah I delivered some Bar-B-Q sauces to him from TommyG and talked with Corey for quite a while in his pits. Even talked to him about your old Jeep. Corey is definetely a stand up guy!

Unfortunately doesn't sound like he faired to well in the race. I think it was some steering components that took him out.

Comment

Thanks so much for doing that, Darrin! Haven't looked at the pics yet, but I'm already jealous. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
                    Thanks so much for doing that, Darrin! Haven't looked at the pics yet, but I'm already jealous. ;-)
                    BTW he was tickled pink!

Comment

Corey worked hard on the steering. I'm really hoping that wasn't the situation on the break down.

From the short time I met with him in Moab, he's probably dwg up in his mind the 'fix' for it. I wonder how the rest of his 'design' worked out. Better get over to Pirate to check it out.

Cool pics there Darrin. Too bad about the flop over on Backdoor. But, all that way and only 59 pics? LOL. Was there talk about the driving hazards getting there from the east? Lots of troubles with the weather......
                      Mike
                      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I am getting an error when I try to open up the album....dangit.

John
                        1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                          Corey worked hard on the steering. I'm really hoping that wasn't the situation on the break down.

From the short time I met with him in Moab, he's probably dwg up in his mind the 'fix' for it. I wonder how the rest of his 'design' worked out. Better get over to Pirate to check it out.

Cool pics there Darrin. Too bad about the flop over on Backdoor. But, all that way and only 59 pics? LOL. Was there talk about the driving hazards getting there from the east? Lots of troubles with the weather......
                          Actually I have over 900 pictures and around 200 videos. So worn out I slept till noon and slummed around the house (haven't even unloaded the truck) all evening. Once I recoup I'll sort through 50gb of files and post some more up.

Comment

Understandably. Now back to the work week as well.

His pics are loaded to FB. You log in to FB to see them.
                            Mike
                            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I added some more pics...

Comment

Working...
                              X