snow day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow day

...so my boss called me las' night to tell me not to come to work today, due to the magnitude of this storm we're expectin'. in 35+yrs, this is they're 1st snow day. he said there won't be anybody there to unlock, so don't try to "brave the storm". I was talkin' to my mom las' night, and she was told to not come in today either. she's been a travel agent @ AAA for 20 yrs and never seen a snow day till now. ...so, since the roads are too bad to drive to olathe for work, now I'm gonna go to O.P. and maybe Indep. and P-Hill to p/u parts. :shock:
    Last edited by t-rav_12; 02-01-2011, 07:07 AM.

Off work as well, not sure what to do with the time yet. Maybe will swap plugs and tranny fluid on gf's XJ. After that I imagine I will be rather bored.

Comment

The hospital declared a weather emergency, so anyone who isn't considered essential gets to stay home with pay. Essential staff have to come in and they have to stay at the hospital or a downtown hotel but the hospital pays for the room... Adult snow day!
      "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

here in manhattan at KSU we rarely have a snow day. and never 2 in a row! i think the last snow day we had was 4 years ago for a foot of snow/3 inches of ice underneath.

Comment

Last snow day I had was over 10 years ago when I worked for the State of MO. I don't really remember how much snow there was, but it wasn't nearly what we're supposed to get today. I knew then that I was way over-qualified and over-motivated to be a government employee. Now I work private sector, and even now there is no such thing as a snow day. They just tell us to use common sense because we're all professional adults.

Comment

I'm luckily work for a school district as a network/desktop tech and get salaried days off for snow days, major perk of my job. Gotta keep them kiddo's safe :)

And yes, looks absolutely terrible out there today. Good luck to ya for the guys who work in the elements!

Comment

Yeah I work for the State of Kansas and got the phone call last night too, but I didn't answer because I figured they were wanting me to come plow snow....

I'm just waiting for the deep stuff so it's even worth going out and firing up the Jeep to go play.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
                They just tell us to use common sense because we're all professional adults.

common sense

professional
                adults

wow, 3 words in one sentence that i never associated with Tommy.....
                Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WesSaun View Post

common sense

professional
                  adults

wow, 3 words in one sentence that i never associated with Tommy.....
                  I know...kinda sucks growing up and being responsible! Trust me though, I haven't lost that spark! I'm still suseptible to bouts of cranial-rectal inversion from time to time! :lol: Now I just try to remind myself periodically that I have two kids and a wife at home who rely on me to feed/cloth/house them!

Comment

Well I'm at work and essential. Since I made it in, they're putting me up in the local Holiday Inn Express for the night so I don't have to make the round trip drive to be back at work tomorrow. They're buying dinner too!

Comment

well my office is closing at 11:00, so i guess i'll have to go home to surf the net......
                      Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

I wish I got snow days!!!!!!!! see ya sunday....maybe!
                        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                        Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
                          I wish I got snow days!!!!!!!! see ya sunday....maybe!
                          You have snow days! They just have a different meaning then the rest of us ;)

Comment

:rollinglaugh: ...true... true. Ya beat me to the punch, Darrin.

Comment

Today is one of those days having a company car suuuucks!!! Instead of having my Jeep to play on the way home, I have a Taurus....LOL

:)

And Travis, my snow day consists of "activating the Emergency plan"...or as we put it, 12 hours of fun.

John
                              1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Working...
                              X