ok...why people?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok...why people?????

After 8 yrs of plowing and running 36hrs overtime this week plowing i have to ask..... why do people shovel their driveways and sidewalks while its still snowing? then complain when i put it back? If i make a pass in and out of a street....I'M NOT DONE!!!!! I will be back.....this is so you can get up and down the street. but when you shovel the drive and three feet into the street to the cleared part....then put up these hudge piles.....guess what!?! when i do come back....bam!!!!! its back in your drive! If i am going fast enough.....on your front porch! lets think this threw people!!!!!

the only thing worse is the "special" people who use snow blowers and put it all in the street.......not only are you defeating the purpose of paying my salary to plow to begin with, but now you've gotten me yelled at for not having the entire street cleared when i said it was.....guess what.....its all going in your drive now! And with my 5 ton truck and 10 foot blade......i can move a lot more snow faster than you can shovel. Its not rocket science people.......if you have to get out....buy a jeep. If you can't....leave the car in the drive (not in the street) and give me some time.....i will get it done! you"re stupid manuvers only make it harder....and honestly...it pisses me off! Need I remind the public that i havent had a raise in three yrs and my plow truck is junk...and i have to sit in it all night fighting joe public.......

ok done ranting....you think if i submit this to the papers...they will run it?!

I need a new job.
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

as a teenager in New England I and some of me friends would shovel peoples driveways ( for ten to twenty bucks) which was big money in 1973-76 ! But we shoveled snow to the right and left of end of driveway, not into the STREET ! Even at that young age, we knew that a snow plow would shovel snow from street onto end of driveway, so why would we add to that by shoveling driveway snow out into street ?

course these snow blower opperators may not of figured that out yet from the way you posted ! LOL

and perhaps even some of the shovelers are as dim witted too ! ;-)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

well if i were gettin payed to shovel driveways as long as they paid me before tommy plowed it back into the driveway I would be cool with it. Then I can charge them again and blame the plow truck driver lol

Comment

you would........
        "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."

Comment

Tommy, its a never ending battle to try to figure the idiots out. We have call after call complaining about the exact same issue. People are STUPID and always will be.

Get this one....we had citizens calling in about residentials not being plowed WHILE IT WAS STILL SNOWING!!!! Residentials are the LAST roads to get plowed after all main and arterials are done. Till they are clear NO residentials get plowed. Its the same way its been done for many years, but they still don't get it.

Since I work for Leawood, we have people that call and say, "well my husband is a Dr. and I am a Nurse and we HAVE to be able to get to work, we need our street plowed" If I took those calls I would tell the snooty "Bleepin Bleepholes" to take some of that over paid money they have and go buy a **** 4 wheel drive and shut up! But since I just fix broken **** I can't do that, all I can do is complain here just like you.

Keep the faith brother man, just plow em in and to heck with em!! Some of us know its not easy.

BTW, I get to get a full nights sleep tonight before we have to report back for the next round!!! AND I am drinkin a few barley pops as celebration!!
          Last edited by 93WHY-J; 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

93WHY-J ---I hear ya!....If I wasnt covering water call i"d be chasing the barley too! And 3-5inches still coming.....uncle sam is going to love me this pay period!

Comment

That's why I love living in the country . If I need my road plowed I jump on the tractor and plow as much or as little as I want. And my neighbors do the same.And I have all my pastures to play on in the Jeep,and ATV.I have lived out here for over 25 years and have seen the road grader plowing the roads maybe three times,no big deal we just do it ourselves.and smile when all the city folks get stuck . Tommy some people complain no matter ,just make yourself happy.

Comment

ahh! one day i too will live in the country! can't wait! you guys are so lucky!

Comment

I too have lived in the country for 20 years. I only use the tractor to blade off the driveway when I get bored or when the cousin is coming over in his Hummer (you know how sissy those things are:lol:) Out of the 6 vehicles here only one isn't a 4x4.

Tommy, if you like working for the government, used to not getting any raises, and don't mind plowing snow (minus the a holes of course;)) come over and work at the state DOT. No driveways or residential streets to worry about...just the occasional stupid driver.

Comment

if they could match my meager pay i might!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
                      if they could match my meager pay i might!!!
                      Meager? You must be over paid!

I'll see what the range is and get back with ya... mechanic or maintenance?

Comment

i guess maintenance? thats what i am now, but in water dept.

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
                          i guess maintenance? thats what i am now, but in water dept.
                          Our maintenance is more mowing, gaurdrail and sign repair, potholes, etc....

Comment

different, but willing to try something different......wish i didn't haveto plow at all, but roads are ten times better than residentials! i have one year with kcmo (wastewater) and 8 yr with bsmo (wastewater/water) with all kinds of certs......is plowing the only "on call" stuff i would have to worry about?

Comment

As far as I know (I'm on the construction side) They have a 8-4:30 (earlier in the heat of the summer) schedule 40hrs a week garunteed. And I'm pretty sure the only "on-call" is for snow removal (days or nights 12hr shifts)

I'll do some asking around and get back at cha

Comment

Working...
                              X