Auto transport help??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto transport help??

So I have a Jeep in Richmond Virginia that I need to get moved. It is wrecked in the front ,rolls but does not drive.

Does anyone have experience with any transport companies that may be willing to get it to Kansas City?

I had it scheduled with a broker and payed them but now they want to back out because they can't find anyone to accept the job.
    2006 LJ Rubicon

Road trip!!!!!

I got truck/trailer, but what kind of cost are you looking at?

Check out uship.com. I was involved with the website years ago. Its like a reverse Ebay. You list what you want shipped, better description brings better responses, bids come in, you pick who based on their bid info (cost, date, insurance, etc). You can also state a $$ amount you're wanting to pay. You may get response, may not. All bids can be seen by everyone. This makes it competitive.

Years ago, I didn't ship it, but the buyer did, the Pinz ambulance box I wanted to use as a camper (didn't work out). The buyer is in upper state Oregon. He used uship.com. Guys traveling from MN to IA to AZ, to CA back up to OR picked it up and delivered it to the buyer. No problem. They had a flat bed utility trailer that was 20' long (not the best of shape). They went from LasVegas to Minneapolis with a Lambo on the back. In IA they picked up 2 motorcycles, made room for the ambulance body here in KC, and were on their way to AZ to drop off MCs. In CA, they picked something else up and went to OR to drop off both.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I'm with Mike. If I wasn't getting ready to go to KOH in three weeks I'd be all over it!

There is a guy (Trulyvintage) on Pirate that does hauling all over the country. Also you can post up on their hauling section to see what offers you can get. Heck you might find someone headed to KOH with an available spot...

Comment

I paid haulmatch.com $850 to do the job. Now they want to refund my money and blow me off.
        2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

You still looking to move this?

Comment

I am a little bias, but I recommend FedEx Freight, or FedEx Customs Critical if it is really important and you have the extra money. You will find that 1) Scammers run rampant when it comes to transporting vehicles. 2) You will have lots of people show interest, but will have trouble getting people to actually go through with the transportation.

FedEx (or UPS for that matter) will eliminate a lot of the hassle.

That being said a good road trip is always fun too if you can get it done that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 94YJUpHigh View Post
              You still looking to move this?
              It was just picked up yesterday and supposed to be here on Friday.

I would still be interested in contact information of haulers as I am planning on buying more vehicles.
              2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPINKC View Post
                It was just picked up yesterday and supposed to be here on Friday.

I would still be interested in contact information of haulers as I am planning on buying more vehicles.
                You got my number, if something comes up down the road.

Comment

Had lunch with Rich and Ben last Fri. Eat at Bim Bam's Burgers. Across the parking lot was Worldwide Transportation (or something like that google/maps is not working). Its off Nieman between Johnson and Shawnee Mission Pkwy.
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                    Had lunch with Rich and Ben last Fri. Eat at Bim Bam's Burgers. Across the parking lot was Worldwide Transportation (or something like that google/maps is not working). Its off Nieman between Johnson and Shawnee Mission Pkwy.
                    Thanks, that's just down the road from work.
                    2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

I just bought another one in Jackson Mississipi. If anyone is looking for a road trip, let me know. It is an 04 TJ.
                      2006 LJ Rubicon

Comment

Working...
                      X