...happy birthday to me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...happy birthday to me...

i jus' bought myself a '97 4-door xj (...tryin' to keep up with the Jonses [TuffNutz] ).
    ...i know, i know :worthless:.

it was too dark for pix las' night when the deal went down, but i'll try to get some posted up today. it had a mild run-in (literally) with a semi during that heavy rain a couple friday's ago. the accident caved-in the left quarter panel, broke the left quarter glass, bent the left d-35 axle shaft and, somehow, broke the right tail light. otherwise, the Jeep's in good condition. 220K mi.(hwy), 4.0L, auto, 4x4, overhead speaker bar, 6-disc changer w/ remote, a/c (works great), factory cruise on the wheel, pwr windows/locks, overhead colsole w/ temp., compass, fuel economy, etc., clean'n'clear title, bone stock.
    the guy lives right down the street from me, and i've been eye-ballin' his xj for @ 2 1/2 yrs. he had jus' put brand new tars on the front before the accident (he's wishin' he'd put 'em on the rear. bald back tars is the reason he spun out- hydroplaned). i pick it up from him next friday.
    NOW, do i really need (or more like, can i really afford) a 3rd Jeep, or should i sell it? all these questions will be answered, in time. a major defect i have is i can't turn down a sweet deal like i got on this one. earlier this year, i bought my g/f a '95 zj (another smokin' deal that rendered me helpless), so this xj brings my household's current Jeep count up to 4 ('91/'97 xj's, '02 tj, '95 zj).
    whatcha got on that, Tommy?! :avid:
    if i decide to keep this one, i may need to get a 2nd job to s'port my Jeep Habit!!:shock: when i told my g/f about this las' night, she said " ...seriously...? another Jeep?..." some people understand my disorder , and some people don't. :hammer_head:

In for pictures :) Sweet deal on the 97.

Comment

Happy Birthday and congrats on another Jeep. I can understanding the eyeing bit, I have my eye on another one or two. :-)

Comment

Happy BD.

It being a unibody vehicle, any dismantling of the body parts will make it less in torsional strength. Some even say, significant body damage does the same with the panels that are substructurally supported.

There is always the parting aspect of a damaged vehicle. Give yourself sometime to break it down and part it out.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

happy birthday man! and happy thanksgiving as well

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVIS!!!!!! gonna start calling you Tommy jr

Comment

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving...Mine is Saturday and I'm buying a transmission for my jeep...as it has given up the ghost...not so exciting of a purchase as yours...
              Last edited by JBGPIN; 11-25-2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99TJ View Post
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAVIS!!!!!! gonna start calling you Tommy jr
                Actually Jodee, that's what I thought the TJ always stood for in your screen name.

Comment

You can't really call him Tommy Jr., as he buys Jeeps and keeps them. He may have a good collection going, but hey, a man's gotta have options right.

And Trav, happy birthday man.

Comment

If you part it I need the power steering pump. :)

Comment

:happy_birthday::avid: i only have two now!

todd your on the right track, but jodee's name should be TB (tommy's B(family friendly!)ch!! lol
                      "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                      Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

WOW!!! Really?? I am not gonna even say anything Tommy. And Todd, who are you again?... LOL Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

yeesh!! :rollinglaugh: i haven't even picked it up yet or shown pix, and you vultures are already tryin' to part my new toy. :Flamethrower:stand back!! i know how to use this thing!! :welder: this may be the one that i take the roof off of... like i said, all these questions will be answered in time...
                          hopefully i'll be able to get pix sometime today. Lord knows i've no intentions of getting out into general population today.
                          thanx to e'rybody wishin' me a :happy_birthday:! it was las' friday, the 19th.
                          Mike, the unibody sub-structure's in-tact, merely cosmetic damage (7 1/2 yrs. @ a custom autobody/paint shop). it does have high milage, but it has the newer bodystyle, which is a better platform for some of the plans i'd been flossin' for my '91.

Comment

ok ok since youre cutting roof...i'll take the cross bows for the stock luggage rack! lol
                            "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                            Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
                              :happy_birthday::avid: i only have two now!

todd your on the right track, but jodee's name should be TB (tommy's B(family friendly!)ch!! lol

TB ?

tommy's brother ?

tommy's boy ?

tommy's broker ?

tommy's beau ?
                              I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                              it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                              Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                              X