2011 Grand Cherokees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Grand Cherokees

What are everyone's thoughts on these? Is it possible to get a selectable transfer case with the V8?

Maybe I just getting old, but looking at the 2011 Grand puts me in tecno overload.
    I don't think I could ever learn to use all that stuff, and I REALY don't want to pay for it.

I have a 2001 Grand with no options, and it has pleanty of comfort.
    When the 01 needs replaced I will probably get a 4 door Wrangler.
    The Wrangler is cheaper, more space, and now has all the stuff my old Grand has.

Comment

Originally posted by columbiatj7 View Post
      What are everyone's thoughts on these? Is it possible to get a selectable transfer case with the V8?
      Make it a poll and I'll vote yes...

Why do you want a selectable transfer case? The QDII is a great system that works well.

Comment

I like 'em. My wife has a 2006 Grand Cherokee and it is a great vehicle, but I've been harping on her to step up to the new GC Overland. I'd never buy a four door Wrangler, yuck..
        "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Not to offend any JK owners, but I'm not a fan. I love my TJ! I just explored the new Grand and thought that it was pretty nice! I thought I would see what people thought. If you do have to drive an enclosed vehicle, the Command-View moonroof is awesome! I would love to see them make a SRT8 on this model Grand. It would also be nice to see one of these modified for offroad as well!
          Last edited by columbiatj7; 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

We've sold a few of the new ones here at the dealership. Very nice. Very comfortable. Lots of neat options. As for an off road machine? Dont think so. The transfer case shift motor hangs down lower than the frame. Plastic skid plates that wouldnt offer much protection. The adjustable ride height is cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle View Post
              We've sold a few of the new ones here at the dealership. Very nice. Very comfortable. Lots of neat options. As for an off road machine? Dont think so. The transfer case shift motor hangs down lower than the frame. Plastic skid plates that wouldnt offer much protection. The adjustable ride height is cool though.
              This comment is kinda funny, as they have been running that commercial boasting the "all metal skid plates" on the new Grand!

Comment

The only one I've prepped had plastic skids. Lots of them, but plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle View Post
                  The only one I've prepped had plastic skids. Lots of them, but plastic.
                  They are Mopar accessories...

From the Chrysler press release:

Skid Plates: Available for fuel tank, transfer case and engine, Mopar skid plates are made of heavy-gauge steel and painted with a high-quality black finish in order to provide protection to vital vehicle components when traveling off-road
                  "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                  X