Buying my first wrangler sport 4 dr 4Wd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my first wrangler sport 4 dr 4Wd

I am brand new to this jeep forum and I am looking to buy a jeep and join the ranks of the overlanders. I found a 2011 Wrangler JK with 160K miles. It has a clean body and interior. It has a 3.5 inch or 4inch lift and larger tires. The guy just put a new steel bumper on the front and a new soft-top.
    Last edited by JOHNGEER; 09-18-2018, 02:46 PM.

Is there anything specific I should check out when looking at this jeep? I know nothing about lift kits or jeeps for that matter. I just don't want to buy someone else's screw up. I test drove the jeep and it seemed like it was rather squirrely on the highway. I assume it is from the lift? Possibly a body lift without the full suspension? The guy is asking $13,500. Which I thought was a sweet price which also unnerved me thinking something must be wrong with it.
    Last edited by JOHNGEER; 09-18-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Have you purchased the Jeep yet or still deciding? There are a few reputable shops in/around Kansas City/Topeka area that would be great if you could take it to them to inspect. They will tell you everything that they can find wrong with it and make recommendations. The shop I would recommend is 4x4 Land in Topeka, KS. If you can get it to them to look at you will be able to rest knowing it's been looked at by the best.
      2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition
      1976 CJ-7

Comment

No, I test drove the jeep and it seemed like it was rather squirrely on the highway. I assume it is from the lift? Possibly a body lift without the full suspension? The guy is asking $13,500. Which I thought was a sweet price which also unnerved me thinking something must be wrong with it.

Comment

I would recommend someone checking it out then. 4x4 Land in Topeka, Stomper Off-Road in Olathe, 4 Wheel Parts in Overland Park, KMC in Excelsior Springs should able to look at it for you. I would take it for another test drive and take it to one of them. If seller refuses.... well, that's a call you'll have to make.
          2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Altitude Edition
          1976 CJ-7

Comment

Yea, I told him I wanted to take it to a mechanic and he said that was fine. I just have to go pick it up and take it. Thanks for the info! I will take it to one of those places and have them give it a once over.

Comment

Who ever you take it to, make sure to tell them your concerns about the way it acts on the highway.
              Bill T.

Comment

Working...
              X