Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

electrical relay box, or Jeep won't start.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical relay box, or Jeep won't start.

Hi,

So, who was the bright bulb of an engineer who thought sticking a relay box in behind the driver's side front wheel well of a Jeep was a good idea?Got up this morning to go to work and my Jeep would not start. Turned over and cranked okay, but would not catch. Put the multimeter across the battery terminals and it show d 12.4-12.5v. Marginal, and the battery was four years old. My OBD-II reader pulled no codes. A quick taxi ride to Canadian Tire and the new one was dropped in. Same symptoms, so I called roadside assistance and discovered I was out of service. Paid to have it towed to the mechanic. Mechanic gets it up on the hoist and says they are pulling an ASD - Auto ShutDown code. They trace it to either the ignition switch harness, the TCM, or the ignition harness. I give them the okay to start the short tracing and they find a relay that has one terminal completely corroded off, and the box's connectors are broken and corroded. It's still in the shop, because they had to find a replacement connector, or replace the entire relay bus and box.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1286925
    Teaser video production service

Thanks!

Working...
X