• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kc jeep club dead ?

it looks more and more like the Club is ... dead ! ........ hmmmm
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Since text does not convey tone I will point out that my comments should be viewed as a fella sitting at the cafe on a stool down the counter from you sipping on a cup coffee having a friendly conversation.

I am guessin' that you are referring to the lack of activity on the forums? In a nut shell, if paid members are on Facebook and join the Facebook group, they will see that the club is anything but dead.

The forums have simply fallen out of favor with members who typically prefer Facebook. We can also add to that fact that when it comes to "Jeep" forums, there many other options that tend to be more active because they have thousands of members. Not to mention that many of the topics, e.g. how to install <insert widget>, which we commonly turned to forums to find solutions to, are now posted as a video on YouTube rather than a multi-post forum topic with photos. When it comes to selling stuff, Craigslist and eBay are typically the go to solutions now.

Yes...lots of people hate Facebook and do not use it. Lots more are quitting. The reality is however that Facebook is easy to use, it's quick, works with every smartphone on the planet, and has zero costs for organizations to use. There's no servers to maintain, no worries about configurations or how much storage is needed, and takes next to no technical knowledge to manage when it comes to administration.
    Last edited by Umbra Vipera; 11-01-2018, 07:26 PM.
    Heath
    2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
    2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

I don't facebook much anymore ..... I Value me dignity ! ... as for paying dues .... I don't have a JK
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

as for ease of use ... on forum you can look up old threads..... try that with the facebook .......
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Oh come on...you know you don't have to have a JK to be a paid member. All you need is something that is 4x4 and was made with the Jeep logo on it (even then I bet there are some exceptions.) By the way, that paid member thing was not meant to be disrespectful. I was just trying to point out that folks had to be a paid member to gain access to the Facebook group.

As to your comment about searching. You are absolutely correct and in my opinion, forums, if managed properly, can be 1000% more useful than Facebook. That does not change the fact that Facebook is more convenient and easier to use.
          Heath
          2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

Bill since a TJ at this point was last made in 2006 that makes 12 year that the JK has been a round so yes there are going to be more JKs joining
            KB0ZNR
            05 LJ, Chevy LSS, 241OR, Mutt long arm, OBA, AEV High Line, Full cage, 35s tube steps and bumpers, 31.5 gal fuel tank

Comment

I don't starbuck
              Last edited by spunebil; 05-11-2018, 04:14 PM.
              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

My XJ is pushing 18 years old. In the end it's a P.O.S...........but I've built it over the past several years to do some really cool stuff. I get a kick outta showing some of the JKs how capable "other" Jeeps are and many times I out wheel 'em because - 1. The XJ is an AWESOME platform and wheelbase 2. I've wheeled it alot and have a good idea of what it and myself are capable of and comfortable with.

I agree - the JK is a dominating force in the Club, and out on the streets to be honest. It might be the big dog but it aint the only dog.

As for Facebook - I wish the Forums/website had a bigger presence but I get it.........and I don't have a FB account

It's kind of like this: why would I turn through the pages of a Chiltons or Haynes manual when I can literally find a how-to video of anything I want with regards to wrenching on my Jeep?
                Last edited by JeepN4kc; 05-16-2018, 05:39 AM.
                -Mike B-
                '01 XJ Sport
                '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                  My XJ is pushing 18 years old. In the end it's a P.O.S...........but I've built it over the past several years to do some really cool stuff. I get a kick outta showing some of the JKs how capable "other" Jeeps are and many times I out wheel 'em because - 1. The XJ is an AWESOME platform and wheelbase 2. I've wheeled it alot and have a good idea of what it and myself are capable of and comfortable with.

I agree - the JK is a dominating force in the Club, and out on the streets to be honest. It might be the big dog but it aint the only dog.

As for Facebook - I wish the Forums/website had a bigger presence but I get it.........and I don't have a FB account

It's kind of like this: why would I turn through the pages of a Chiltons or Haynes manual when I can literally find a how-to video of anything I want with regards to wrenching on my Jeep?
                  real JEEPS RULE ! LOL
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I hope not ! I just joined. Seems most are going to social media these days

Comment

Sadly, the forum is pretty slow now a days. People want to share their photos, videos, and quick hit comments and thus far, Facebook is winning that fight.
                      Heath

Comment

It aint dead , I just saw that it was Alive and Vibrant
                        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Working...
                        X