• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe....
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I will need a final head count by Thursday the 26th, to ensure I get enough burgers/dogs.

let me know how many people are riding in your jeeps!

Comment

Do you want me too bring the grill?

Comment

yes please

Comment

ummm, does tuttle allow cookouts ? I know they don't allow camping, so was just wondering.
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Forecast is for clouds and 60 degree weather, it looks like another great day to go wheeling!

I need attendance numbers by Thursday...

Comment

Me + 2
                Dad + 1
                "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                  ummm, does tuttle allow cookouts ? I know they don't allow camping, so was just wondering.
                  They do allow grilling.... AND camping
                  "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                  Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

No camping or open fires:

This is a day-use only recreation area. The park is open from 9 am to sunset. No camping or overnight parking is permitted. The nearest campground is Fancy Creek State Park, four road miles north.
                    Open fires are not allowed. An illegal campfire escaped in 1994, scorching hundreds of acres of public and private property.
                    reference

I dunno if a weber grill is considered an "open fire" or not... probably depends on the Ranger who catches you with it. :)

Comment

I called and Spoke with Bryan @ 785-539-8511 X2, who confirmed with the rangers who patrol that park:

"as long as it is in a BBQ grill, and we do not dump HOT ashes on the ground, we are allowed to BBQ at the parking lot area of the ORV park"

In my line of work, I am required to read and comprehend government regulations -- with hundred's of thousands of dollars and people's homes on the line, and not to brag but I am Darn good at what i do (see my online reviews at google,superpages, and even yelp). I know I look young, but I have lived though the BS and Stress of someone much older than 33 :) I read the online regulations, saw the loophole (if you want to call it that) and confirmed with those "on the ground" I would not have suggested the BBQ lunch if I thought it was going to be an issue.

I need final numbers for food by tomorrow -- Thursday @ 430 PM -- as I am buying the food after I leave my office.
                      Last edited by RoKn; 03-25-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Sweet. I wasn't sure if a BBQ grill was "open flame" or not. Nice to know you can grill a burger in the parking area though without getting fined. :)

Did you tell him you wouldn't dump the hot ash on the ground, but we'd pour it in the lake instead? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          Sweet. I wasn't sure if a BBQ grill was "open flame" or not. Nice to know you can grill a burger in the parking area though without getting fined. :)

Did you tell him you wouldn't dump the hot ash on the ground, but we'd pour it in the lake instead? LOL

I told them that we would take the ashes with us and he said to just get a bucket of water from the lake to pour out on the ashes after lunch, then dump them on the ground and pore another bucket of water on them before you leave. -- They were not too concerned :)

Comment

ME + 2 + Weber

Comment

K I'm going.....
                              Mike
                              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Me +1

Comment

Working...
                                X