No announcement yet.

Frostbite 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone meeting up at Louisburg ? If so, what time ?

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post

John
      I plan to be at McDs around 0700 or there after.
      -Mike B-
      '01 XJ Sport
      '11KK Limited

Comment

I don't see a date for this, but last two post above mine are asking if meeting in Louisburg to caravan down (posts from today) , and since this is Monday, I am assuming next weekend, but what day ? sat. or sund. ?
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post

John
          I plan on being at mcd around 7ish
          -David S.-

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
            I don't see a date for this, but last two post above mine are asking if meeting in Louisburg to caravan down (posts from today) , and since this is Monday, I am assuming next weekend, but what day ? sat. or sund. ?
            It is the 28th of February, 2015..on a Saturday.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Yes it's this Saturday the 28th.

I'm already registered but I just took a peek at the forecast for this weekend.
              Not good. I'm not interesed in trailering a rig (or driving period) in an ice/snowstorm.

It's only Monday, though, so we'll see what they say in a few more days.
              -Mike B-
              '01 XJ Sport
              '11KK Limited

Comment

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
                Yes it's this Saturday the 28th.

I'm already registered but I just took a peek at the forecast for this weekend.
                Not good. I'm not interesed in trailering a rig (or driving period) in an ice/snowstorm.

It's only Monday, though, so we'll see what they say in a few more days.
                Ice and Snow just make wheeling more FUN!!! :)

Meeting at the MCD between 7 and 730 with the caravan leaving @ 735 AM!

I am going no matter what --- See everyone there!

Comment

Gates open 8am. Coffee, cider and donuts 8-9:30am. Open trail riding all day. Dinner 3:30-4:30pm. Prize drawing 4:30-5:30pm. Park closes 6pm.

So bring trail mix and drink. No alcohol allowed on premises and this includes parking lot.

Don't forget to charge your cameras and videos.
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Originally posted by jagular7 View Post
                    I pickup up a new go pro charger and 2 more batteries yesterday -- now up to 5 batteries -- So I should have enough juice to last all day

Comment

Gates open 8am. Coffee, cider and donuts 8-9:30am. Open trail riding all day. Dinner 3:30-4:30pm. Prize drawing 4:30-5:30pm. Park closes 6pm.

So bring trail mix and drink. No alcohol allowed on premises and this includes parking lot.

I will only be able to stay until about 1 or so, but that should be plenty of time to test out the new bumper :)

Originally posted by RoKn View Post
                      I pickup up a new go pro charger and 2 more batteries yesterday -- now up to 5 batteries -- So I should have enough juice to last all day
                      I picked up a GoPro at Christmas, what mount do you use Jim?? Looking to run it through the windshield, or possibly on the hood.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

I have several different mounting locations -- I use the Hood mount more now -- I also have a mount on the inside in the dash, one on the grill and one on the driver rear fender.

I picked up the new jaws flexible clamp mount with a new "black case"-- so I now have more mounting options. Biggest hurdle is mounting it in a location that wont cause the camera to get knocked off when im wheeling, which has happened several times :) Example of this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjjv0Y6Lr4

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/1...le-clamp-mount --- Best Buy has these in Stock and cheaper too, I believe.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/590/5...521590_396.JPG -- I am always braking the "clips" on these as well -- they dont hold up well very well in the mud and cold. Although it seems as long as one of the clips is there the camera stays in the mount :)

I also carry 3 SD cards -- 64,32,16 GIGS -- I use the 64 all the time -- It can hold a full day of video by itself. I use MS movie maker Video editing software -- I think its better than the go pro video software and was free with my computers (1 have 2 newish/new win 8 computers -- Surface pro and Toshiba labtop)

In the future I plan on putting a few mounts under the jeep -- like the rear axle.

I used to use my phone to control the start and stop of the videos (using the go pro's wifi and the android app) -- but this drains my phone battery fast (as well as the go pro battery) So I picked up a galaxy 4 tab to control the video feed along with more go pro batteries. The batteries are cheap @ $20 a pop -- so this should solve my power supply issues. I am getting about 1.5 to 2 hours of video on each go pro battery -- but the go pro is always running and using its wifi.

I have the Hero 3 silver edition, BTW

Depending on what Go Pro you have -- you may have to download new software on the SD card to use the wifi feature -- I will have my computer down there to help you with this. -- I have the software update on all my SD cards

To use the Go pro app -- you need to download it to your phone or tablet before you get down there -- I am not sure if the KS rocks wifi will be running with the amount of people there -- or if they wil want to even give out there PW to access it. (I guess im special cause I have it)
                        Last edited by RoKn; 02-23-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Will this event happen regardless of weather? I don't mind snow, but not crazy about cold rain.

Comment

Originally posted by meanbob4x4 View Post
                            Will this event happen regardless of weather? I don't mind snow, but not crazy about cold rain.
                            Or ice on a 90 mile drive between me and KSR.

This is a good question. I believe they keep an updated status or something on their FB page. Perhaps someone in the know could keep others posted should a postponement or cancellation arise?
                            -Mike B-
                            '01 XJ Sport
                            '11KK Limited

Comment

This is best asked on their website and through the parks FB accnt. Really not here.

I could say that yes, they have decided to not hold the event and keep everyone home. Then I'd win all the door prizes!!!
                              Mike
                              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

This is best asked on their website and through the parks FB accnt. Really not here.

I could say that yes, they have decided to not hold the event and keep everyone home. Then I'd win all the door prizes!!!
                                lol........that's funny
                                -Mike B-
                                '01 XJ Sport
                                '11KK Limited

Comment

Working...
                                X