July 12th Club Run @Kansas Rocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 12th Club Run @Kansas Rocks

July 2014 CLUB RUN @ KANSAS ROCKS (NIGHT RUN)

Saturday the 12th ---- KS ROCKS NIGHT RUN

OPEN TO ALL

TIME: 1 PM till MIDNIGHT

FEE: KANSAS ROCKS park fees apply---- Pay an additional $5 and run into the night with a guided trail ride. Ride starts at dusk and run till midnight.

Food and drinks will not be provided for this event.

Come meet us and get to know the people behind the screen names!

Please email Jeep.events@outlook.com to RSVP or Post in this thread if you will attend.
    Last edited by RoKn; 06-21-2014, 05:45 PM.

I might be in on this one, I will let you know for sure when it gets alittle closer.

Comment

Could this be for a beginner??

Comment

Of course.

There are several different levels of trails at KROCKS, in addition there are always "drive arounds" for obstacles on the trails.

Comment

Its actually perfect for a beginner. Take to the trails during the day light. You can see the obstacles and see everything that's going on. Then at night, you have to 'feel' the same thing....cause its difficult to see underneath you without someone behind you with their lights on.

Howerver, adding rock lights is a great mod for wheeling at night. These lights basically don't face forward at all. They are pointed to the tire area so that you can see what's in front of you some 10-15', what's under you and basically 10-15' behind you on the trails.
          Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Please post up if you are planning to attend!

I will be going down there around noon, and will not be wheeling at night. (i have to head to StL early Sunday for a cortisone shot on Monday)

Mike, will you be bringing your pop up canopy tent? i will bring my big cooler and fill it with soda and water.

Comment

Cannot make this one I have a family event that day.

Comment

I am on call this week, so I cannot make it down.

Jim, will you be at the meeting Sunday?

John
                1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Son has a game sat. Going to have to sit this one out,have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
                    I am on call this week, so I cannot make it down.

Jim, will you be at the meeting Sunday?

John

No, I will be in STL on Sunday for family dinner.

Comment

Well wasn't much of a showing for this club, nor other wheelers. Jim/Dawn, Rob and I were there about 3ish. We met up with another wheeler (Pat from KC4WDA). Unloaded, checked it, we hit the trails. Started in south40. First obstacle attempted took out 1 TJ (broken rear axle shaft-Jim's) and sliced my sidewall from wheel to tread! Replaced with spare and kept wheeling all day. Jim joined Rob and Dawn joined me when he parked it on the trailer. By the end of the sunny day, Pat developed a steering issue. He broke the lower mounting ears off the JK steering box. He was able to drive out to his trailer without further issue. Rob came out decent enough to actually drive his YJ home....though it does go without saying that he didn't give it a shot at times.
                      Mike
                      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Wow, for a small showing the trails really did a number on you guys.

Jim - you gonna look into chromos?
                        -Mike B-
                        '01 XJ Sport
                        '11KK Limited

Comment

I have alloy USA chromoly rear shafts in there now. lol.

going to order a set of G2s when I get back to KC

1 tons might happen sooner then I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by RoKn View Post
                            I have alloy USA chromoly rear shafts in there now. lol.

going to order a set of G2s when I get back to KC

1 tons might happen sooner then I expected.
                            At which point you'd be selling the D44s?
                            -Mike B-
                            '01 XJ Sport
                            '11KK Limited

Comment

I'd recommend a crawler gear in the tcase. Say 4:1 like a rubi....or look into NWF's Black Box. Its the same reduction gear setup as in your stock tcase with the planetary gear and central sun gear. Ratio is 2.72:1. It adds 6.5" to the driveline however. So you're better off with the Tera low tcase. It replaces the front half of your stock tcase. Basically replaces the 2.72:1 with the 4:1.

You saw what Pat did with the low gear tcase in the JK up that obstacle.

That way you can stay off that throttle a little bit. LOL
                              Mike
                              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
                              X