Frostbite 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frostbite 2014

Even though it is over a month away, thought I would see if anyone was planning on going to FrostBite 2014 at Ks Rocks? It is February 22nd and the fee is $35.00.

KS Rocks Park Frostbite Event – February 22nd, 2014

Bring your family and come enjoy a day at the Frostbite event at KRRP. There will be many activities to choose from such as the Geo-Caching, Snowflake Search and guided trail rides for those just getting started in the sport or want to get to know the trails a little better. Enjoy a hot lunch followed by a great drawing with awesome items. And as always, an entire park with challenges for all levels of experience and rigs. “It may be cold……but it never gets old!!!”

FOR MAIL-IN REGISTRATION:
    Print out /form, fill out and return with check to:
    KANROCKS PARK
    P.O. Box 15812
    Lenexa, KS 66285-0812

Pre-Registration deadline is Feb 6th
    :)

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

As of right now, unless I can work something out, I will not be able to go.
    -Mike B-
    '01 XJ Sport
    '11KK Limited

Comment

New member checking in. I just bought a 99 Cherokee (bone stock), but I'm going to start a 3" lift this weekend (hopefully) and if the funds are here by feb 22 then I'll have some fresh 31" tires.
      I'm totally new with 4 wheeling. If I can have her done by then would this be a good first time for me?

Comment

Originally posted by KC SCOTT View Post
        New member checking in. I just bought a 99 Cherokee (bone stock), but I'm going to start a 3" lift this weekend (hopefully) and if the funds are here by feb 22 then I'll have some fresh 31" tires.
        I'm totally new with 4 wheeling. If I can have her done by then would this be a good first time for me?
        Kansas Rocks is a great place to start out as they have trails marked fro every type of 4x4 vehicle. You would even be amazed at what your stock Cherokee can do. Heck, might be worthwhile to spend a few bucks on some armor for the undercarriage (gas tank skid, t-case skid) and take it out as is to see what it can do. Then you would be able to see what your future goals are with it.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
          Kansas Rocks is a great place to start out as they have trails marked fro every type of 4x4 vehicle. You would even be amazed at what your stock Cherokee can do. Heck, might be worthwhile to spend a few bucks on some armor for the undercarriage (gas tank skid, t-case skid) and take it out as is to see what it can do. Then you would be able to see what your future goals are with it.

John
          Agreed............plus proper recovery points f/r of course.
          -Mike B-
          '01 XJ Sport
          '11KK Limited

Comment

Going..

Comment

John
              That's great advice, but the tires that are on it are shot and I want to run 31" tires. I started the lift tonight and got the rear done. It's starting to look like a jeep LOL.

Originally posted by JeepN4kc View Post
              Agreed............plus proper recovery points f/r of course.
              Yea I was wondering about that. What am I going to need to do? I'm assuming hooking onto the axles wont work in in most cases? I want to get out and I know it's a friendly bunch of people that want to help out, but don't want to be the guy that ruins everyone's time.

Comment

To wheel with the club you must have f/r frame mounted tow points. Rear could just be a trailer hitch with a d-ring attachement and for the front factory style tow hooks work fine. If you upgrade to an "offroad" bumper make sure it has d-ring mounts

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleZJ View Post
                  To wheel with the club you must have f/r frame mounted tow points. Rear could just be a trailer hitch with a d-ring attachement and for the front factory style tow hooks work fine. If you upgrade to an "offroad" bumper make sure it has d-ring mounts
                  Cool, Thanks. Off road bumpers are on the list, but I want to get out ASAP, but also want to do it right. It's got the factory receiver/ tow package, but will need a hitch with the D ring. I'll have to check out the front to see what is already there and make sure that's set up. Either way I'm not going to waste/ ruin anyone's time if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by KC SCOTT View Post
                    Cool, Thanks. Off road bumpers are on the list, but I want to get out ASAP, but also want to do it right. It's got the factory receiver/ tow package, but will need a hitch with the D ring. I'll have to check out the front to see what is already there and make sure that's set up. Either way I'm not going to waste/ ruin anyone's time if I can help it.
                    Here is what I run for a rear tow point

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W...pn=S%2fB29312B

I have the stock tow hooks up front. If your Jeep does not have them, you can look in the local junk yards, or purchase new ones like these

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XPA

http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/recovery.html

I have no doubt that if you can lift it, you can install any of those :) Good luck and hopefully we see you out there.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

I have the stock tow hooks up front. If your Jeep does not have them, you can look in the local junk yards, or purchase new ones like these

I have no doubt that if you can lift it, you can install any of those :) Good luck and hopefully we see you out there.

John
                      Thanks John,
                      The lift is done, No factory tow hooks or skid plate. I'll hit up pick and pull and see what I can find when the snow melts.

Comment

I'm in --- haven't been down to KS Rocks since the 10th anniversary run.

Any (JoCo) want to meet and caravan down together?

RoKn

Comment

Originally posted by RoKn View Post
                          I'm in --- haven't been down to KS Rocks since the 10th anniversary run.

Any (JoCo) want to meet and caravan down together?

RoKn
                          I am south of you in Spring Hill, so we will probably meet up at the McDonalds in Louisburg and caravan down together.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

I'm gonna try to make it....

If I get lift done and don't break at 101
                            "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                            Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

John
                              I have the hooks coming this week along with the D ring hitch. I've been getting the Jeep ready for the "101 @ the Quarry" and it's looking good.
                              Thanks again,
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X