Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Adopt a Trail at Kansas Rocks.

I received this message from Kansas Rocks:

This is just a reminder to everyone that Sept 21st is the next Adopt-a-trail day. We would like to have as many people present as possible as we will be having special guests and a presentation. Representatives from BFG Tires and the Outstanding Trails program will be on hand to present a check to the Brush Beaters to be used for Kansas Rocks purposes. Also a club member of Brush Beaters, Bruce Turner, recently passed away in a car accident. At the presentation there will be a trail dedication to his family. I am not sure yet if this presentation will be at 9:00Am before all the groups head to their respective trails or at noon when everyone breaks for lunch. Once I hear back of a time frame from the BFG crew, I will let everyone know so they can schedule any club meetings at the park.
    As usual, have your members bring saws, trimmers, loppers and anything else you might need to work your areas. Note the location of trail name signage to keep visable as we have recently replaced all our old signs with a new style. Also make sure you keep watch for any erosion areas that will need attention due to the recent rains.
    See you guys real soon!

I will be in Arkansas that weekend and will not be able to attend this time. I would need someone from the club to take lead on this AAT day. Free entry to the park and we have a small area that we sponsor and need to clean up. The last several years it has taken 2-4 hours at most to go through our area and trim limbs, weed eat where needed and whatever else needed to make sure the trails are passable and appropriate for the rating. This is easy work and a fun day of free wheeling..

We need to make sure someone we have a representation at this clean up event.

Ron

Ron, I should be around for this and I can take the lead if no one else has offered yet.

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

KCJeepClub trail clean-up is coming up on September 21st at Ks Rocks Park. I would really like to see a good showing out there if we can. BF Goodrich will be sponsoring a Kurzweil prepared breakfast, so I need to let them know how many participants we will be having. For those new to the club, we get free admission to the park so that we can clear out and clean up "our" section of the park. The work usually only takes a few hours at the most, then you are free to wheel the rest of the day. If you are able to make it, please post up here or on Facebook.

Thanks, John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Out of town that weekend.

Comment

I will be there

Comment

Originally posted by treedawg View Post
            Out of town that weekend.
            Ditto.
            Mike
            Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I will be around for this one as long as something does not come up at the last minute...

Comment

so its just the three of us? come on people

Comment

I'm in.
                  -Mike B-
                  '01 XJ Sport
                  '11KK Limited

Comment

I'm going to try to make it.

Comment

I'm in.
                      "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                      Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

So what time are we meeting at the Louisburg McD's, I am assuming around 7ish so we can leave by 7:30....?

Comment

Originally posted by duttonja View Post
                          So what time are we meeting at the Louisburg McD's, I am assuming around 7ish so we can leave by 7:30....?
                          You are correct. We need to be on the road from McD's by 0730.

John

Always Smilin'

Comment

Remind me - was it mentioned at the last meeting that Kurzweil's was catering breakfast at the park?
                            -Mike B-
                            '01 XJ Sport
                            '11KK Limited

Comment

Here you go.
                              Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post
                              KCJeepClub trail clean-up is coming up on September 21st at Ks Rocks Park. I would really like to see a good showing out there if we can. BF Goodrich will be sponsoring a Kurzweil prepared breakfast, so I need to let them know how many participants we will be having. For those new to the club, we get free admission to the park so that we can clear out and clean up "our" section of the park. The work usually only takes a few hours at the most, then you are free to wheel the rest of the day. If you are able to make it, please post up here or on Facebook.

Thanks, John

Comment

Working...
                              X