Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Dash 2011--Volunteer Event

Hi Gang,

I have information about the Warrior Dash. To sum up: we show up for one shift of this 2 day event with at least 25 people to help them facilitate the race and the club gets a check for $1000. This money will go a long way to purchasing awesome prizes for our raffle at the annual club picnic. Plus, we have several of our fellow Jeepers and/or their relatives that will be running the race including: Kevin Marchant, Tommy Graves and Kenny Burns' kids!

This is a great way for us to support our fellow Jeepers and make the club some cash. Please see below for details. Please post, PM, facebook, email, call or text me if you'd like to participate. Spouses, significant others and kids (16 or older) can help as well!

Krishnabell88@yahoo.com

Our shift: Saturday, July 30, 2011 7am-2pm
    8901 NW Hampton Rd.
    Kansas City, MO 64153

What is Warrior Dash?
    Warrior Dash is an extreme 6K race that has racers climbing over cargo nets, crawling through mud and jumping through fire. Warrior Dash is an all day running event, complete with mud, beer, live music and turkey legs. For more information about the event, check out www.warriordash.com.

What do you get for volunteering?
    For each shift that your organization covers, we will make a donation of $1,000 to your organization (mailed to group organizer Wednesday following the event). Each volunteer will receive a Warrior Dash staff t-shirt (to be worn during the shift). We will also feature your organization’s logo on the Warrior Dash webpage with a link to your webpage (**Please note, website presence only applies to non-profit & charitable organizations)

All volunteers helping with Warrior Dash must be over the age of 16 as of day of the event.

What is expected of volunteers?
    Volunteers will devote full-time attention and energies to Warrior Dash and during the agreed time slot, will not engage in any other activity. Warrior Dash is an extreme event bringing along an intense work environment. Your organization’s duties, along with the Red Frog Events staff’s, involve maintaining a safe atmosphere for all participants, spectators, etc. Duties may include packet pick up, answering participant questions, managing parking, overseeing obstacles, serving beer, taking photos, etc. The event will go on rain or shine and by signing the agreement, your group will be expected to be in attendance. By volunteering, each person from the organization understands and acknowledges Warrior Dash is an extreme event and accepts all risks associated with the event.

I think this goes without saying but here are the hard and fast rules:

Important Details to Note
    -Only volunteers will be admitted into the “volunteer stations.” No one will be allowed to accompany volunteers as guests for the day; this includes family, friends, children, etc.

Your organization’s donation will be revoked if ANY volunteers are found in violation of the following:
    -Taking additional apparel, medals, helmets, eyeblack, swag, or any property of Red Frog Events or Warrior Dash participants.
    -Consuming ANY food that is reserved for and to be served to participants.
    -Consuming ANY beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) that are to be sold/served to participants.

Volunteer list:
    Krishna + 1
    Kenny and Sue, Rod and Shelly Baker, Lisa E., Cortney, Markus, Josh, Lisa (2)
    Tommy S
    Dottie
    Travis
    Cary and Nora
    Cherokee Yellow
    Kevin M + 5
    Antonia R
    Michael M
    John H
    Shawn M
    Mark C
    Eric F + 1
    Rusty H
    Jenni and Kevin B

Strong maybe:)
    rjh

Maybe:
    Purple ZJ
    JeepingforChrist
    FHJC
    Nick L
    Linda T
    Tommy K
    Jodee T
    Ron T
    Noss10
    ericfx
    Last edited by biologygurl; 07-29-2011, 12:27 PM. Reason: Update

Wow Krishna! You are really on top of things!

It would be a lot of fun to have our friends there to cheer us along, but now I'm nervous since the anonymity is reduced! Guess I'd better get in gear on the training! ;-)

I'm running the Saturday Noon wave, with my wife, sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Maybe others too, but those I know for sure are in my wave. When is everyone else running?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
      Wow Krishna! You are really on top of things!

It would be a lot of fun to have our friends there to cheer us along, but now I'm nervous since the anonymity is reduced! Guess I'd better get in gear on the training! ;-)

I'm running the Saturday Noon wave, with my wife, sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Maybe others too, but those I know for sure are in my wave. When is everyone else running?
      You'll have to thank your buddy Kevin for ratting you out:) I think the fact that none of the rest of us have the huevos to even sign up for this madness gives you super, Samuel Jackson type points (but don't let that slack your training)!

I don't know for sure when the others are starting but I think that Kenny's daughter starts Saturday morning. They'll have to confirm.

Good luck and eat your Wheaties!

Comment

is it more obstacle (nets, fire, mud) or is it 6 k of mostly running ?

and how far is 6 K ? a mile?...5 miles?.....20 miles ?

cause I can do obstacles......but am shy part of lung if there is much running involved :-)

thinking from a participants point of view of course ! ....LOL

but I might be able to be a vollenteer if its more than I want to chew ! ;-)
        I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
        it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
        Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Google is your friend, Spune. ;-)

http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_kansas.php

Comment

just checked out your link to it and It Looks Ausome !

to bad it isn't for charity !

or maybe we can make it for charity among ourselves ! ....

members can pledge money for participants (like them walk a thongs of old) ....;-)

I would enter even missing a third of a lung for that ! ....;-)

as long as it was a good charity

or I could vollenteer....tho I think the charity run would be better....for me ! .....don't need to win....just cross the finish line !
            Last edited by spunebil; 06-16-2011, 03:24 PM.
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Put Sue and I down to help with the event.My kids start at two thirty or three.This will work out fine for us..

Comment

i would like to volunteer as well.
                "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by biologygurl View Post
                  You'll have to thank your buddy Kevin for ratting you out:) I think the fact that none of the rest of us have the huevos to even sign up for this madness gives you super, Samuel Jackson type points (but don't let that slack your training)!
                  Lol I do this thing all the time in several states. They make it sound tough but its not, and the beer sure helps you run faster, heck i forget to breathe half the time.

Comment

Mark Corey and Dottie down to volunteer.

Comment

sign me up to help, Krish. sounds like a blast!

Comment

Added. Thanks!

Comment

dang, your quick! as soon as I posted, I immediately went back to edit and add my head banger ,and you already had me signed up ...

Comment

Put Cary and Nora down to volunteer!

Comment

i'm down for a maybe. depends on how crazy work is/moving to a new place is going

Comment

Working...
                              X