lee summit parade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lee summit parade

i am new to the site and will be a member soon. was wondering when and where it was! i would like to participate!

well tommy G is running the LS parade and he shoukld be starting a thread up soon (or he might just use this one) anyways

the parade is in Lees summit and is on snake saturday (saturday before St. Patricks day)

and Tommy, sign me up for parade when ya get around to it ! ;-)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

thanks i will keep looking and look forward to the parade

Comment

OK, so lots of non-Jeep obligations kept me from thinking about this very much until now, and I'm still not sure I'm very far along.

I will post up the meeting place and time for the LS Parade, but here are the current plans (assuming they are allowed).

1 - We will be in the parade
        2 - I will be pulling a single axle trailer behind my Jeep that we will decorate like a float of sorts. It's my oldest daughter's 4th birthday that day, so we'll be piling friends on the trailer with her. Other kids are welcome to ride on it as well.
        3 - I'll verify that the trailer is allowed (cannot see why it wouldn't be) and will also find out if we can drag the PowerWheels Jeeps behind other Jeeps like a train. If they require it be pulled behind a lawn mower I might be able to address that as well.

Post up if you want to be part of the LS Parade, and we'll figure out who carries the banners, etc. It would be helpful if you post your interest, and then your first name if you don't know me, that way I can place names and faces when we do meet up.

Comment

OK, so I've sat on my butt long enough and done nothing. The deadline for signup is March 1st (Tuesday), so let's do the following:

1) Reply here with your name, login name, and number of vehicles you want to enter.
          2) Do so by 11:59 PM Central on Sunday, February 27th.

I need to turn in the entry form with the number of vehicles and our money by March 1st, so I intend to do so by Monday, February 28th to be safe.

NOTE: There is a change of plans re: the trailer. We have family in town that weekend and won't be able to mess with building a float as we were originally planning. Right now, plan to ride in your Jeep.

Action Item for me: Call DowtownLS to find out if we can do the powerwheels jeep train thing we talked about.

Comment

Rich Holland - rjh - 1 Heep.

Comment

Matt Higgins, racer_boy5596, 1 Jeep

Comment

William Hardy , spunebil , 1 CYJ
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

OK, I have the following participants:

TommyG
                  rjh
                  racer_boy5596
                  spunebil
                  Lite2RW
                  t.co10
                  MarkC (w/ music)
                  Wyatt & Crystal
                  rustinh1 (maybe)
                  leopardstripes (maybe)
                  MilkMan (maybe)

Thanks to all who signed up voluntarily, or submitted to my badgering to finally do so!

I will set up some sort of arrangements this week regarding meeting times, etc.

Comment

Is Leopardstripes who I think it is?

Comment

Yup! :-). I can't wait for him to learn his screen name!

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

We are entrant #29. That means we don't need to be at the staging area until 12:30. So, let's plan to meet at a destination I will determine later today at about 12:00.

Decorate your rig in Irish stuff if you like. You can hand out candy and necklaces, etc., but you cannot throw them. We'll figure out how to handle that when the time comes.

Who has the banner that we usually have at the front of the line?

Comment

Caree has all the banners; surely we can borrow one of them for the LS parade...

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Caree has all the banners; surely we can borrow one of them for the LS parade...
                              Nope, you can't have one! We're using them ALL for the Snake Saturday Parade:avid: You guys don't want to play with us we won't share.

Tommy, joking aside, give me a call and we can make arrangements for you to get one.

Comment

Working...
                              X