Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had a cool thought on CHEAP waterproof seat covers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Neoprene does hold some water, but it's still much better than nothing (cloth seats), where the cloth and foam absorb a LOT more water. The neoprene is water resistant and most of the water will pool up in the seat and can be wiped off. Your butt will be damp, but not wet (soaked) like a cloth seat.

I've run neoprene for ~5 years now and it hasn't been an issue. The damp dries out quickly enough. *shrug*
    Yep, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. But I'd rather be able to avoid the damp butt all together. :)

Comment

Curious if one of these wouldn't be easier for when the Jeep is sitting.

:)

John
      1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post

John
        Thanks, but now you have me second guessing painting my CJ black instead of red! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue Diver View Post
          Thanks, but now you have me second guessing painting my CJ black instead of red! :lol:
          LOL, I have seen your Jeep and it looks VERY good black. Maybe you could just start with red shock boots and call it a day.. :)

John
          1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by FreemansXJ View Post

John
            I have one of those for a YJ that I would like to sell...just FYI! I don't know if it would fit a CJ or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 93WHY-J View Post
              I have one of those for a YJ that I would like to sell...just FYI! I don't know if it would fit a CJ or not.
              Quanto questa??

Comment

Huh? How does a dry suit allow you to go deeper? Nitrogen saturation of your tissues happens because of pressure, not because you're wet. For every 33 feet you go down, you're inhaling the equivalent of an entire extra lung full of air at the surface, so at 99 feet, you're inhaling four times the nitrogen that you would at the surface. Boy did this thread get off topic! :lol:

Anyway, my whole point about neoprene sucking for the what I want out of a seat cover is because it soaks up water, and sponging it off will not give you a dry seat to sit on after a rain. Like I said, when you're done with a dive, you ring out your neoprene and hang it out to dry. If it was truely waterproof as they say, you wouldn't need to do this.
                because you can insulate it better allowing deeper dives while breathing a special mix to allow such a deep dive!

you cant go DEEP in any wetsuit! :)
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                  because you can insulate it better allowing deeper dives while breathing a special mix to allow such a deep dive!

you cant go DEEP in any wetsuit! :)
                  Depends on what you call deep. I've been 157' in a 1 mil surf jacket and I really have no desire to go much deeper than that. A couple friends of mine in Cozumel decided to do a 200' bounce dive off Santa Rosa Wall last July 5th. They got caught in a downwell and ended up at 400' on regular air. Opal went into a coma and was paralyzed from the neck down. She ended up dying a couple weeks later. Gabi's paralyzed from the ribs down. He managed to get out of the downwell at 300', but then he went to 400' to try and save Opal. He was the best dive master I've ever been with, and he's a good friend.

Comment

Quanto questa??
                    I don't know what that means. I am an American, I speak English. Don't mean to offend, but American is the language of this country despite what the libs want.

Comment

Depends on what you call deep. I've been 157' in a 1 mil surf jacket and I really have no desire to go much deeper than that. A couple friends of mine in Cozumel decided to do a 200' bounce dive off Santa Rosa Wall last July 5th. They got caught in a downwell and ended up at 400' on regular air. Opal went into a coma and was paralyzed from the neck down. She ended up dying a couple weeks later. Gabi's paralyzed from the ribs down. He managed to get out of the downwell at 300', but then he went to 400' to try and save Opal. He was the best

dive master I've ever been with, and he's a good friend.
                      Deep

As in DEEP !

400 feet is still shallow !
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by 93WHY-J View Post
                        I don't know what that means. I am an American, I speak English. Don't mean to offend, but American is the language of this country despite what the libs want.

It means how much is it? :)

Comment

Deep

As in DEEP !

400 feet is still shallow !
                          Eh, there wouldn't be much to see at that depth, so no thanks....

Comment

Thats why we invented Lights :)
                            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

It means how much is it? :)
                              $50.00

Comment

Thats why we invented Lights :)
                                I own several, but there still isn't much to see that deep. The only people that go much below 150 feet are underwater welders, and scientists.

Comment

Working...
                                X