JK Shocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK Shocks

I currently have a 3" lift, banged my rear shocks wheeling at Tuttle. Im trying to decide if I should go with Bilstein 5100 lift up to 3" or the 3.5"-5". I could just add coil spacers/leveling kit to get the extra half inch difference. I just dont want to come up short. Anyone have any input?

I would pull the shock and coil, rise the axle onto the bump stop and determine what the minimum shock length you need. Keep in mind the JK has floating coils in the rear. Shocks need to keep the coil in the bucket. So I would lift the frame high enough to get the coil to unseat and then take another measurement of extension. I would subtract 1" from the minimal length to get maximum compression due to dynamic vs static. With the unseating of the rear coil, watch your brake line extend not to far to pull apart or break.

Good luck. Or just by a recommended shock for the amount of lift you have. Simple eh?
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I'm waiting for new bilstein 5100s to show up today, maybe tomorrow. I also have 3.5" of lift. I'll let you know how the turn out, be putting then on saturday. I'm also throwing an adjustable track bar on the rear.
      "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

I just bought a bilstein 5100s from 4wheelonline for my rig. After installing, it really felt better; handing and damping really improved. By the way I have a 3" lift installed.

Comment

Working...
        X