Axles and Lockers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axles and Lockers

I just had some Superior gears 4.56 put into my TJ and some Detroit lockers in both front and rear. Now it seems like a have a lot of slop in my drive train. This doesn't feel right, but since I've never done anything like this before I figured that I'd ask and see if anyone knows what's up. Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

There will be play in the gears, when you stop your jeep will move still. My TJ did it a lot when I first regeared but then when I put in 4.88s this year it almost seems less. Did you get full detroit front and rear?

Comment

Gears & Lockers

Yeah, I got the full blown Detroit in the back and the Truetrac Detroit in the front. I really notice the slop when first taking off and when I park. I'll put it in 1st and then let off the brake, I use to get about 1 inch of roll, now it seems like 3 - 4 inches of roll. Just didn't know if this was normal. I can't wait to see this thing in the mud!

Comment

Its normal, now get into the rocks not the mud :lol:.

Comment

Read paragraph 5 of your detroit pamplet that came with your locker, it explains it all about noises and "slop" in the driveline with a detroit.
          4x4LAND.com
          Mike
          Knowledge is priceless

Comment

Lockers

What?!? That means I'd have to read the instructions first. My wife would never let me live that down.

Comment

Re: Lockers

Originally posted by Elazul
              What?!? That means I'd have to read the instructions first. My wife would never let me live that down.
              Just lock the bathroom door
              Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X