Terra Flex SYE quirks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terra Flex SYE quirks

I've bought several items from Terra, and have been overall happy with the products...... but they have some of the poorest directions. Brannon and I installed his SYE yesterday and encountered a couple of things that I thought we should share.
    1. On TJ's there is a second snap ring on the stock output shaft - you must remove the seal to get to it. The rear housing cannot be removed as directed unless you take that snap ring off.
    2. On the new housing, do not drive the seal all the way in - just drive it flush with the outer surface. There is a drain located in the bottom of the new housing that does not exist in the original. If you drive the seal all the way in, the drain is exposed and your fluid will squirt out all over the place on your test drive. :roll:

So how was the drive home Brannon? Drips?

Man oh man.....what a day we had. :lol:

No drips as of yet

I've been working on my Jeep all day today too....so I havent really driven it that far.

I washed all the ATF fluid off the bottom, and the back window. And so far none has come back.

Tim thank you so much for your help. I learned a ton, and I believe you did as well.

Branon

Comment

Working...
    X