Post Lift questions/issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Lift questions/issues

I have a 2000 XJ. I installed the RE 2"BB with full length AAL. In the rear I gained 4" of lift! This was back in october and It still has not settled any.

I threw 300lbs of sand in the back for almost two months and when I take it out I pop back up to 4"

How can I fix this?

Thanks

install some 2" pucks in the front :mrgreen:
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil
      install some 2" pucks in the front :mrgreen:
      I would prefer that it is near the height that it should be so I can get by with a TC drop. I can't afford a SYE.

Comment

I'm not sure how you get 4" out of a 2" lift spring, that doesn't compute :roll: Are they a firmer spring? Did you get the right springs you ordered?

Comment

you could remove a leaf in rear and see if that lowers it to what you want.

but as for SYE, if you have been driving it since october, it sounds like you don't need one, and if you raise front another 2" it wont affect it adversely, actually it should help rear driveshaft angle
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by got flx
            I'm not sure how you get 4" out of a 2" lift spring, that doesn't compute :roll: Are they a firmer spring? Did you get the right springs you ordered?
            It is a 2.5" AAL from RE. The rear mesured at 17" from center of hub to bottom of the flair before the lift and at 21" after. The part number matched what I ordered.

Comment

you could remove a leaf in rear and see if that lowers it to what you want.

but as for SYE, if you have been driving it since october, it sounds like you don't need one, and if you raise front another 2" it wont affect it adversely, actually it should help rear driveshaft angle
              I have some vibes when I take my foot off the accelerator at speeds more than 30.

What was recommended from another forum was to remove the swaybar and go off-roading to help break in the AAL. I don't have anywhere to do this though. :(

Comment

you still have a rear swaybar?

I removed mine when installing lift.

as for wheeling, several of us are going down to frostbite saturday the 28th :P

I am not sure what the fee is at gate(I am pre-registered$30.00 for gate,shirt and meal), and its first come first serve for the few shirts and meal tickets they have left.
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

you still have a rear swaybar?

I removed mine when installing lift.

as for wheeling, several of us are going down to frostbite saturday the 28th :P

I am not sure what the fee is at gate(I am pre-registered$30.00 for gate,shirt and meal), and its first come first serve for the few shirts and meal tickets they have left.
                  I don;t have a full size spare or any tow points. :(

Comment

Working...
                  X