Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3" suspension lift, 2"coil spacers and blocks.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" suspension lift, 2"coil spacers and blocks.....

On a 98 cherokee, I have a 3" suspension. Was curious if I got 2" spacers for the front and 2" or 3" blocks for the rear, would I need a transfer drop kit or longer driveshaft? Please let me know your sugestions, thanks.

Your gonna want or need some adjustable control arms in the front or your caster/camber will be way out of whack and it prolly won't drive well
    4x4LAND.com
    Mike
    Knowledge is priceless

Comment

blocks cause axel wrap which will wear your leaf springs out really fast... from what ive heard... i would try reasearching either a bastard pack of buying a set of used springs designed for 5" lift. or get some longer shackels. naxja.org is a very good site for about anything you need to know about an XJ. search for bastard pack and tons of people have written about different combos of leafs for different lift heights.

im at 4" and just have a tcase drop. however most people say newer models have more vibe issues than the older ones. at 5" of lift youll be pushing it on any vehicle... each jeep is different and you never know till you get the lift on... but its better to be prepared and install an SYE anyways.

good luck

Comment

on a 98, i would plan on having some vibes, but you never know. I have been seeing alot of guys here of late putting in shims with tc drops and getting rid of the vibes.

Personally, i think if you wheel it, sye it so you can drive home after you break a driveshaft or u joint, or one of those gay little u joint straps mopar likes.

Comment

I had vibes when I did the 3" on my 95 and had to do a TC drop to take care of it. I have heard that the later ones are less tolerant before they vibe so I figure your lucky you don't have vibes already.

Comment

Working...
          X