WHICH BATTERY FOR WRANGLER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHICH BATTERY FOR WRANGLER

WAS LOOKING AT THE OPTIMA BATTERIES THERE ARE TWO TYPES YELLOW AND RED WHICH ONE IS BEST FOR MY JEEP

I got the Yellow.

Mike

Comment

Someone can speak up if I am wrong, but I beleive yellow is supposed to be more for running excessories and more cranking than red and the blue is supposed to be like a marine battery.

Comment

Really? I was just trying to match the color of my TJ. ;)

Mike

Comment

Optima recomends a yellow top if you have a winch.

The red top is considered severe service, but not quick discharge.

The blue top is marine use.

Comment

Yellow top....

Comment

There are red yellow and blue. the blue is strictly deep cycle the red is more of a replacement for stock and the yellow is a replacement for stock but also deep cycle you can tell by the gray casing if it is dark (I think )it may be light, whatever the blue one is that means it is also deep cycle.
              Usually the yellow is best of both worlds I think the only real difference is extra places to hook accessories and cold cranking amps.
              I was going to get a yellow top but I found another brand that has the same characteristics as the yellow top for 1/3 of the price and went with it
              If you are going to get a winch you will want a deep cycle rated battery, it doesn't hurt to have it anyway

Comment

Glad my jeep came with the Yellow one now. Had no idea what the different colors denoted, but seems like the PO that put it in knew what to do.

Comment

I have a red top and no real accessories. I have left my headlights on for hours at a time and it has fired right up. My Jeep also doesn't turn my lights off automatically after a certain time either.

Comment

There is also a difference on the warrenty.
                    If I remember correctly, the red is longer.

Comment

The blue top is not strictly marine, the D34M is a dual purpose start/deep cycle. The only difference between it and the yellow is that the blue has accessory posts on top. I got the blue because I can use the extra posts for my winch, amp, and electric fan instead of piling everything on the terminals.

Comment

I beleive the red and yellow are available with dual posts for adding accessories, but they are not just accessory posts like the blue.
                        4x4LAND.com
                        Mike
                        Knowledge is priceless

Comment

Originally posted by 4x4 LAND View Post
                          I beleive the red and yellow are available with dual posts for adding accessories, but they are not just accessory posts like the blue.
                          I agree, but I'm pretty sure they are all side terminals that are a female style thread in.

Comment

Working...
                          X