Shimmy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shimmy

Don't know if it's coincidence or what, but I had a slight shimmy from the front end at 60-65 mph. This weekend I finally got around to doing a lube on anything with a fitting, and now the shimmy is extrememly reduced. It's not gone (I know I need a front end alignment after the campout :lol: ), but it was greatly reduced.

Might want to see if this does anything if you've got a similar problem.

Your results may vary. Writer assumes no responsibility ...... blah blah...standard legal avoidance blah...blah... blah

Well I finally found out what death wobble means, I to had a similar experience this week, going to work on 470 just before the Grandview triangle on that turn that goes over that bridge, I was doing 70 hit that small bump in a turn and my front end was shaking left to right and when I hit the brakes it got worse, seemed to get better when I stepped on the gas. 2 weeks ago I was hearing something clunk so I greased all the fittings and the noise went away, now I suspect something is worn, I also expect something will start to happen when I put bigger tires on this week, I have a feeling Im going to be spending more money soon.

Comment

j.e.e.p.

just empty every pocket

its true. i had 3 experiences with "death wobble" before i replaced every "wear" part on my front end. my tremporary fix was run the tires lower t absorb more of the bumps. now that it is fixed i still need an alignment and i am keeping the tires low till then and probably after

it can be very scary if your next to a semi and a concrete barrier with not much steering at all

Comment

Working...
      X