Paint Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Removal

Man after SEVERAL hours of sanding last night working on my bumper. I gave up. Today I went and bought aircraft stripper. Amazing stuff. Seriously, DON'T WASTE YOU TIME SANDING!!!! Its expensive at $9 from the parts store but amazing stuff. Im sitting here watching it peel off and shrivle up :D . Im sure everyone knew this already but I just never got around to usin the stuff. The gloves are expensive because you need to buy some heavy duty chemical gloves to be safe. Ok-thanks-bye.....

Interesting

I have been doing some sanding myself lately. I never even knew they made something called aircraft stripper. Where did you get it?

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

I didn't either, but can vouch for its effictivness. Saw the paint coming right off that bumper.

Comment

It works great IF your intentions are to completely take paint off. I've been using it since the 90s.. :lol:
        BUt if you are just needing to ruff up something for new paint to stick, Just get a power sander attachment for a 3/8 drill.

Comment

One word of caution - be sure to rinse and neutralize the stripper before trying to paint! Wash down real well with soapy water (I know water and metal - but trust me...), dry thouroughly, then use something like "Prep-Sol" (pre-painting cleaner / solvent that doesn't leave residue) and let it evaporate well - let it dry overnight if possible, then wipe with prep-sol again and prime with a good etching primer over the bare metal then paint.

Comment

Bought mine at Orielly's. $9 something a can, but one can did my whole front bumper and its still 1/2 full.

Comment

Working...
            X