Tire size compatibility question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size compatibility question

Looking at buying new tires for my 03 wrangler Sahara. No Lift, completely stock. Currently, I have 30X9.5R15 on.

Looking at buying the new tires through discount tire. The tire brand I am looking at specifically is Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10. Reason being is, I go down to KSrocks only about twice a year at the most, so aggression is not something I really need.

My two questions would be...

Does anyone know if these tires would be a good for what I am looking for? Something used more for street, but the occasional off-roading adventure.

Would I be able to go up in size to the less expensive (oddly enough) 31X10.50R15 without having any issues?

For every day driving in a four wheel drive, an "all terrain" that can sorta clean out the cleats is the kind of tire that I would want. You don't want an "all season" tire! We have all season tires on our 4x4 pick up and I have been stuck in the middle of the street with 4wd on and the locker engaged! LOL and yes I know how to drive in the white stuff.

Looks like the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 has decent reviews in several different places. So if thats the tire you choose, I think it will work well for you.

With that said, my first choice for an "All terrain" tire would be a BFG, Cooper or General. Having thousands of miles on all three brands of ATs, as long as you stay out of thick and deep mud, their performance is excellent and daily driver friendly.

Wally

Comment

1. Yes it would be a great tire for occasional off road activities, but I would also recommend Nitto tires much cheaper and cost efficient.
      2. Well it can be done, but you may feel a bit of rubbing once a while every time you do a full turn to left or to right.

Comment

Working...
      X