Turn signal placement on flat fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal placement on flat fenders

The time and rust have worn on my stock fenders. I have a 97 TJ and want to replace the fenders with flat or tube fenders. My only question is where do I mount the turn signals and side markers? I assume they are required equipment in MO.

Jeremy W
    97 4cyl TJ
    14 Cherokee Limited

I would suggest looking for the flat fenders/flares you want first and then deal with the location of the side marker/turn signal. The reason I say that is if you go with something like the Bushwacker flat flare kits, they include the light to be wired into your existing wiring. Other mfg may not include the light(s) but have a mounting system designed to work with their fender/flare setup.
    Heath
    2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
    2014 JKU Rubicon X Package - Deceased - Thank you for your sacrifice in protecting my family.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have been doing some research and I have decided that I am going to do the JK/CJ style turn signals under the headlights. I like that look and it looks fairly simple to pull off. Installing the flat fenders is another story. I have never cut that much metal off before. But I have rust and need to get rid of it. I have a hole in the top of the fender and the passenger rocker panel. But it is now a toy so I can afford to learn on it.

Jeremy

Comment

Working...
      X