looking for standard seat belt harness bolts for 97 tj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for standard seat belt harness bolts for 97 tj

putting in over the shoulder standard seat belts, just have lap now. Went to Jeep to get bolts, none. Anyone have an idea where to get some? need 3 for the bracket that mounts to the roll bar for the shoulder strap.

Thanks
    been a long time since I've been on...

A tj with softtop in a lonely secluded parking lot ? ;)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

What did you do with the original ones ?
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

seat belt bolts

Don't remember the size but I just took my TJ to the Hardware store and started trying bolts till I found the right size.
        sigpicerrinjan 99 TJ to much to list....

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
          What did you do with the original ones ?
          lol...I liked your first response as well...BUT I would hate to do that to another jeeper~ plus it'd be a PITA to get them.

Never had the harness on this jeep, just lap belts that were part of a 5 pt harness that I didn't finish installing.

I figured just some grade 8 bolts, I have one to compare...OP jeep didn't have them either, course the 17 yr old son went, I'm recovering from ACL surgery.

A motorcycle cop stopped him the other day, didn't give a ticket or warning but said it needed to have them legally....I've had the top off for months, driven by cops and not one word. Guess being old has it's adv.

Comment

Had to check your jeeps year again ! I have 66 C 10 with out even lap belts ! They were an option back then ;) Its perfectly legal as belts werent a standard item ! :)
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
              A tj with softtop in a lonely secluded parking lot ? ;)
              nice..that's how I got a mirror for my 75 cj5 in HS...I actually didn't "get" it...but gave a guy a gallon of baskin robbins ice for it. The next week the talk was of Monte's mirror being stolen...oops...

dang..can't believe it's still up here. and my response above I didn't see.

Comment

I'm getting ready to replace mine. The ones on the seats are torx. Same with the top of the shoulder belt on the roll bar. The one near the bottom of the rollbar where the retraction mechanism is seems to be some kind of tamperproof thing. I'm thinking about welding a nut to it to get it out. That, or leave the shoulder belts alone, but I'd never use 'em anyway with the harness....

Comment

Drill through the threads to fit a long gr5-8 bolt through. Put bolt through hole to other side, put nylon lock nut. Let the 'tubing' be a sleeve.
                  Mike
                  Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

I'd rather drill out the entire thing than use a thinner grade 8 bolt. These are seat belts. Life and death stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I'd rather drill out the entire thing than use a thinner grade 8 bolt. These are seat belts. Life and death stuff.
                      we all Die Eventually , so I don't bother much as I have a Harness in Jeep (both sholders) but don't feel need in 1966 C-10 which didn't come with them ! ;)
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I have an extra set of seatbelt bolts for you. I have an entire extra set of seatbelts as well.

Email me @ jim.spinner@outlook.com or call my cell 314-495-3941 (my phones about to die right now, but I should be home from work in the next hour)

I am in Lenexa KS

Comment

Working...
                        X