Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

l Jeep flathead similarities to a Continental industrial Y-91 engine ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l Jeep flathead similarities to a Continental industrial Y-91 engine ??

I'm not sure if this should be an off-topic or not I've got an old Continental Y. 91 Flathead industrial motor that goes to a trailer air compressor a "Worthington 60" get information for this particular combination is ridiculous my biggest problem right now is the firing order
    someone had taken all the spark plug wires off and even though the firing order for the engine is stamped on the head it still doesn't tell me what the order is off the top of the distributor I am told this motor should be the same as an old Jeep Flathead so could someone please tell me what the firing order is off the top of the distributor on a old Jeep flat and if by any chance somebody might know something about this old continental or this compressor I'd love to hear from you I'm beating my head against the wall on the poor thing
    from what I understand it's got a good chance of being pre-war and Worthington isn't even the same company anymore so they can't help me anyways thanks for all your help ..

kc_alchemist

Put long pencils in the plug holes, put a marker on the distributor rotor and cap, then hand rotate the engine and watch the pencils come out of the holes and mark the sequence down.

Most inline 4cyls that I've had experience with are 1-4-3-2 sequence.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Conti...aul-Manual.pdf

try around page 53
      Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

will the pencil idea won't work due to the plugs sit over the valves not the pistons ..

And I keep going through that manual ill tell me a six-cylinder but it not telling me anything about fore I still read the manual hopefully somewhere it might say as for now still nothing..

Comment

sorry page 48 in the manual, page 53 in the pdf.

it shows how to find TDC on #1 cylinder. then the distributor rotor will be pointing at plug 1, then follow it around for the firing order
          Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X