No announcement yet.

Lifting my '02 TJ this summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looksurf, I think you mean dana 35 not 30. You can go to RE website and they show what is in each kit. I'm runing the 4.5" kit, I added JKS dsicos at the time I bought it, went with all adjustable control arms. Thats about it, you will need a SYE kit. Here is a link on pirate for a guy that sells RE really cheap, http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=226614 Here is his website, you may have to say something about pirate if you don't pm him. http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/index.html

Comment

I had a brain fart yes I meant the Dana 35

Comment

lol, it happens to much.

Comment

I'll probably run 33's for now. I have D44 in the rear, I'm guessing D35 up front. How do I tell for sure? With the 4.5" RE, it looks like all I have to do is pick shocks, right?

Comment

Oh, I forgot to ask. Where's the best place to have it installed? Should I order it and take it to them or have them order it? I'd love to do it myself but don't have the place or the tools. I emailed Mark at Valley Jeeps, he got back to me the same day with a quote for a 3.5" but didn't say what brand. I also asked at my local Jeep dealer if any of the mechs do some side work, they gave me the name of one guy I'm thinking about calling.

Comment

ya you need to order it and try that number i left its the best price i found so far and been lookin for like a month and if you can make it to the wrench a thon it could be done there just post it and let them know if you are going to take it to one

Comment

Originally posted by Letoff
                I'll probably run 33's for now. I have D44 in the rear, I'm guessing D35 up front. How do I tell for sure? With the 4.5" RE, it looks like all I have to do is pick shocks, right?
                You have Dana 30

This should help you identify the Axle http://www.kcjeepclub.org/info/tech/axle_id.php

If you have a 5 Speed 4.0 I recommend that you change the Gears to 4.56 so you can regain your power that you will lose running the 33" tires. You can run the stock gears but you will lose lot of your high end power. The 4.56 gears have been the best mod I have done to date.

Comment

You have a Dana 30 front, thats all Jeep ever used other in the Rubicon. Are you going to regear? Did you call the number that Heath give you? Thast the guy that I know with great prices on RE and better than anyone I have seen. One place is 4x4Land, www.4x4land.com , they do great work and they know what they are doing. You can also install it your self if you have the tools and a place to do it. The prices that Mike at 4x4 land can get are no where near the ones from the guy I know. I'm sure you could do it at thewrench a thon.

Comment

Is your jeep a atuo or a stick? I wish I went with 4.56s or 4.88s but my RPMs would be higher but I dont' really care.

Comment

When someone comes to us about building a jeep the first thing I tell them is to decide what size tire they want. That will dictate every other decision you make during your build up. Lift? Gears? Power mods? Look at other jeeps in the area and talk to their owners. Then every dollar you spend should be towards what you have decided you want from your jeep. You will save yourself alot of money to build it the way you want it the first time and not gradually progress up to larger everything. We know that finances play a huge part in the decissions you make but years down the road you won,t be kicking yourself for wasting money on parts and labor multiple times for the same things cause you changed your mind mid stream. As far as suspension lifts are concerned you can't go wrong with RE. We installed 19 long arm kits last year and over 25 short arms. We installed alot of "shelf" brand lifts as well. It really depends on what your going to do with your jeep. Remember, alot of jeeps never see off road use they just look like they could. For those people they can save some $ by using less expensive products and still get the look they are looking for. There is not alot of difference between the ride of most coil lifts. The difference is in the hardware and control arms and RE is the best in our opinion. We just never have any problems with them at all. We have 7 different lifts on display for your viewing and would be glad to show you the differences between them. We try to be competetive with mail order companies but sometimes that is difficult as alot of them have no overhead as they never even see the product they have sold you. But wait till you have a warranty issue with them. See if they can fix that "death wobble" or driveline vibration over the phone.If you spend your money locally, you always have a person to deal with instead of a voice on the phone. Wether you choose to buy through chux trux,valley jeep, 4x4 land , sweet swamp or any other shop locally, in the long run they will be there for you when you really need them. Spend your money close to home and support your community instead of sending your dollars off to some "voice". We humbly appreciate it. Mike
                      4x4LAND.com
                      Mike
                      Knowledge is priceless

Comment

Working...
                      X