flipped dana 300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flipped dana 300

I have a Dana 300 that I will be flipping and also installing a 4 low and HD output shaft, and twin sticks.

Does anyone have a recommended kit / kits for this endeavour ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

I don't have a recommendation on a flip kit? I would search Pirate, PM some of the guys that have flipped a D300?

I researched rebuilding my D300 as far as 4:1 gear ratio. IMO your going to be time and money ahead going with the HD output shaft. Thats pretty much the weakest link (relative speaking). If you decide to drop a SBC into your Jeep down the road, or go larger on the tire size, you will be glad you put a HD output shaft in.

As far as gears? Lomax has all machined gears, no welded gears. Thats the kit I was going to go for as far as rebuilding.

As far as twin sticks. You want a complete kit, the Currie kit is complete and so is the Novak. You don't want to get the sticks and end up needing to order more stuff. Currie also sells nice twin stick shifter boots.

As far as the installation goes. I would get everything to clear first, then worry about clocking angle, lastly the twin sticks. My guess is, there is a fairly high probability that once you get everything cleared and where you want it, your going to have to cut, weld, heat and bend the twin stick shifters to get them to come out where you want them.

Other considerations? I would measure your DS lengths, see if you can reuse your DS? If you need longer/ shorter DSs, Rescue Diver used XJ DSs and had them cut down, that will be cheaper than having to buy new ones. If you have a double carden/ CV style rear DS, you might see if there is an adapter available/ output shaft set up for that? When I ordered my Atlas, I ordered a CV style output.

You also might consider giving 4x4Land a call about this project? My bet is that they can give you a few more pointers that I have probably missed, and they can order the parts at a competitive price.

Wally

Comment

A guy on pirate did his setup for 20$. Read that a few weeks ago. Its an older thread though

Comment

Here is some info.

http://www.downeastoffroad.com/html/Flipkitinstruc.htm
        Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

I wonder what Mike would charge to do all that to me Dana 300. So I could just bolt it in ?
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
          X