Trackbar suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackbar suggestions?

I want to get an aftermarket track bar for my TJ. I'm looking for recommedations for a TJ with a small lift (0 to 2"). What do you have, and how do you like it?

If you've got one on a an 03 to 06 Rubi with a small lift, do you have any clearance issues with it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by kcmudbug; 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM. Reason: edited question

What happened to your old one?

It fall off ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

If your axles were a complete bolt in, then doesn't matter what you get for what vehicle. Rubicon is only an option for the TJ model. You may pay more for something that applies to the Rubicon rather than the SE TJ, but it doesn't matter. Now somethings do matter to the specific Rubicon.
      Mike
      Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

The bushings on the axle end of the stock trackbar are bad again.

The axles are a complete bolt in swap. The reason the Rubi axles matter (or at least what I'm told) is due to the difference in size between the center sections of the rubi 44 and the standard dana 30. Effectively there is less clearance between the housing and the trackbar. So when you add a larger diameter, or non-factory bend trackbar, you can have clearance issues where little to no bump stop extension has been done.

I think I'll edit my question and figure out the clearance issues once I have some suggestions...
        Last edited by kcmudbug; 03-07-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

The axle end is what's always worn in mine as well, and lends it to death wobble. I've got an RE1610 on mine and never hit. The RE1600 is the same trackbar with a rod end vs. an RE joint.

I've heard JKS works well also, from guys on ROF.

Normally you don't have a problem until you introduce an aftermarket diff cover. i've got a BTF diff cover on mine (1/4" plate) and it doesn't hit.

Comment

I may have an extra RE1600 if you want to test fit it for clearance.

Comment

I don't think Jeep would design a frame weld bracket for the same vehicle to have different locations due to the option on the vehicle. I have the SE and I run a XJ front axle and an aftermarket diff cover (Solid). I use a RE front track bar as well. Don't know what model. I did have to drill out the frame mount which carries a taper hole for the tie rod end of the stock style track bar.
              Mike
              Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Mike, you've got the 1600 with the heim if I recall correctly. Yes, with the RE's you have to drill a 1/2"hole in the frame to put their relocation bracket on, regardless of which one you get.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  The axle end is what's always worn in mine as well, and lends it to death wobble. I've got an RE1610 on mine and never hit. The RE1600 is the same trackbar with a rod end vs. an RE joint.

I've heard JKS works well also, from guys on ROF.

Normally you don't have a problem until you introduce an aftermarket diff cover. i've got a BTF diff cover on mine (1/4" plate) and it doesn't hit.
                  JKS is what I wanted, but I've heard of clearance problems with small lifts and a D44...even mentioned on their website. RE stuff all says that it's for 3.5" + inches of lift. Maybe it'll work with 2" of lift?

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  I may have an extra RE1600 if you want to test fit it for clearance.
                  I may take you up on that if I don't get this figured out soon. New tires will be here soon, and I'd like to get the DW resolved before I introduce something new. It doesn't happen often and it takes a very specific trigger that would load the trackbar hard. (Bump in a left turn at highway speed) The only play I see in the front end is in that bushing...and it's bad for sure! Maybe I should just replace the bushing with a poly bushing. I know I probably don't NEED an aftermarket track bar, but finding a new OE quality replacement costs about the same from what I've seen.
                  Last edited by kcmudbug; 03-07-2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Yep, heim on frame end, stock rubber on axle end. No supporting bracket. Maybe I should look into that bracket due to BigAl's rip issue. Though I don't wheel like him.....lol...

BTW, I have 2" lift, shocks for 4-6" lift. I limit my up-travel due to the shock and not the tire contact. I have 3" bump stop risers on the front. My 2" of lift in the front come from the ACOS. It raises the bump stop 2" or so. Think of the stock bump stop bucket. That's where this bump stop is. In the back, I have the 2" poly spacers and use a longer poly bump stop to limit my up-travel, again due to the shock and not the tire contact.

Fitting all depends on your compression obviously.
                    Mike
                    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
                    X