Alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment

Any good place to get an alignment with 35's around Raymore or Belton.

Your driveway :)

What I do:
    - Find two levels and bungee them to the center of outside of the wheel (set the levels so they are both 'level')
    - Measure the distance between the levels right at the tire tread
    - Repeat the measurement process for the front and rear of the tire
    - Adjust tie-rod so that the distance between the front and rear of the tires is 1/16-1/8 less than the rear

Having a helper hold the tape will make this really easy if you don't have enough clearance at the back of the tire due to control arm or driveshaft interference.

My method is a slight variation of the ORO method pictured below. I used the levels to make sure my measurements were taken at the same spot, front and rear of the tire.

Comment

Yes, Pro Alignment in Belton. It's right across from Home Depot on 58. I really hate to pay someone to work on our cars, but when I have to do it, this is the only place I'll take my Jeep. They'll do a standard alignment or a four wheel. Good people who have shown a lot of integrity. If I get my track bar issue straightened out, I'll be dropping mine off there right after. Tell them that Bud recommended you to go talk to Rich, he's the owner.

Comment

Here is a very good write up if anyone is interested in how to do this correctly

http://www.stu-offroad.com/steering/align/align-1.htm

Comment

Working...
        X