Ignition switch problems 85 CJ7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition switch problems 85 CJ7

Does anybody know where to get an actuator rack? I'm not sure I'm calling it by the right name, it is the rack that moves the actuator rod when you turn the lock cylinder. I've tried a couple of parts stores, and they didn't have one.

Are you talking the one in the steering column? If so, you're gunna need to find a steering column somewhere to get a donor one most likely. But, CJ's used a GM column, so it may not be hard to find one you can take the part from at a salvage yard.

Comment

I have a 77 CJ7 and I bought those parts at both Napa and Oreilly's just off the self.

Comment

I found what I needed at the GM dealership for $12.00. If anyone needs one the part number is 7827157. It's called an ignition switch actuator rack.

Comment

Originally posted by jeromehdmc View Post
          Does anybody know where to get an actuator rack? I'm not sure I'm calling it by the right name, it is the rack that moves the actuator rod when you turn the ignition lock cylinder. I've tried a couple of parts stores, and they didn't have one.
          Hey mate. I'm kinda curious if you install yourself that ignition switch rack. As you can see, my friend is also having some problems both with the ignition lock cylinder and rack, and he wants to replace it this weekend but it will be his first time fixing this part so we we're both wondering if you could share some steps on how to easily replace it. Anyone who could also share a DIY for this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

not sure of ignitions...but if ya would use a color lighter than BLACK some of us might be able to read what ya posting !

its like near invisible on the darker grey background I and many others use ! ;-)
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
            X