1-1/2" taper reamer or 7/8" straight bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-1/2" taper reamer or 7/8" straight bit

I need to drill out the steering knuckle on my JK so I can mount a 7/8" heavy duty tie rod. I'm changing out my front suspension to raise my tie rod and also flip and mount the drag link to sturdier bracket in preparation for mounting a sector shaft brace for the steering box.

So...

Anyone have a 1-1/2" taper per foot or 7.125 degree included angle reaming bit I could borrow, preferably one with a 1/2" shaft?

Alternatively, I could use a 7/8" bit and drill it out straight and use a collet... if someone has a straight bit I could borrow.
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

In case anyone is wondering, the answer to this question is nobody.
    "People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them." -Dave Barry

Comment

Did you get something to take care of your needs? If not you might try a farm store. They usually have large drill bits.

Comment

Sorry, Todd. I was waitin' to see if somebody could produce a taper reamer for you. I can get you a 7/8 drill, 1/2" shank. I'll grab 1 on Monday. Gimme a holla.

Comment

Working...
        X