High volumn power steering pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High volumn power steering pump

Does anyone know of a high volumn power steering pump that will fit a 1991 YJ? I'd like it to bolt on and use the same reservoir and look stock - don't want to swap to a model that has a built-on tank. I thought maybe a dodge dakota or something might work.

I prefer not to do aftermarket - would like to find one that came stock on something else.

I'm putting a Redneck Ram on one of my jeeps and would like to upgrade the pump too.

Dodge Durango?

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
      Dodge Durango?
      I've heard that too...

there is also write up on drilling out something on the pump to allow more flow.

Comment

Thanks guys - any idea of a year? I have a 04 Durango and the tank is on the pump.

Comment

98-99 Dakota/Durango

edit: looks like the durango upgrade is for the steering gear/box instead of the pump??

Here's the page on modding the pump
          http://westtexasoffroad.homestead.co...rsteering.html
          Last edited by diabloed; 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

pumps are all about the same. I drilled mine out when I went to hydro assist. the redneck site has a write up about how to do it. it makes abig difference. I also added a cooler and temp gauge to mine just for reference.

Comment

The dodge units all have a tank built in. I found a deal on a PSC that I think I'll go for. Not cheap but should work well with the redneck ram system.

Comment

Some good reading on pumps.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708701

Comment

Working...
                X