folding windershield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folding windershield

Well I finally got new windshield hinges installed !

I couldnt get old ones off as bolts were breaking or easyouts were mucking up so I

cut off the barrel hinge

and after trimming the new ones to fit (I retained the old upper door hinge) I tack welded them over the old ones and then checked to make sure they didnt bind up (in below pic)

and installed the hood stops and such (I didnt realize you have to adjust them to fit right)

and after adjusting them, i finished welding up new hinges and painting them !

Its good to have experience welding and all ! :-)

now i have a question. Those windshield knobs in the catalogs are listed just for CJ's, but will they work in a YJ ?

are they the same size bolt thread ?

or would fabbing up me own be better ?

I figure a couple of new bolts and maybe some water faucet handles ( for outdoor spigot) and weld them together would be adequate ;-)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Looks good Spune. When did you get it painted? I looked for your build thread on it, thinking I had missed the paint job, but I only found your build up on the Tug.

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

my build thread is on another jeep club forum that allows on-line members to share their builds and what not (cant name the club as it this one gets upset if I do) LOL

and thanks for the heads up on the Tug !

I have since corrected that discrepency !

and I painted (and still paint) jeep (the Navy Jeep) as i go :-)
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
        my build thread is on another jeep club forum that allows on-line members to share their builds and what not (cant name the club as it this one gets upset if I do) LOL
        Hmmm,, I hadn't tried to post any build stuff since the big discussion, didn't know this site had took that stand. That's too bad. Good thing all sites don't take that stand. Hope it works out for everyone.

Comment

ovrszd, Im not sure what club spune is referring to, but Im not aware of any clubs the KCJC BOD dont allow to be discussed. The members build threads are in the members section, so its not really a stand. With new officers and BOD, i plan to address some of these issues and can get back to you if you wish?
          Last edited by WesSaun; 01-03-2011, 11:37 AM.
          Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

This site hasn't ever taken that stand as far as I know.

Spune is welcome to post up a link to his build thread. That happens all the time -- people link over to Jeep Forum, Pirate, etc. We have zero issues with people posting tech links, even to threads on other club sites.

I also don't think anyone cares about people posting which other groups they're members of, but what we don't want is for other clubs to use this site as a recruiting tool. To my knowledge, that's the only thing we've asked... that our resources not be used for recruiting purposes.

Comment

I think the reason the build threads were put in the Club Member section of the forum was for safety reasons. I know I don't mind sharing my build or what I'm putting on my Jeep with the club -- I've met almost everyone here and know most of them. But I prefer not to put it in open forums available to anyone on the internet. It's pretty simple to figure out who I am, where I live, and what parts I've got that some thief may want, so the less of that that's out in the "open" the better, in my book.

If the club wants to move the build thread forum to the public section I'd have no issues with that -- as long as we give people time to remove their build threads if they wish. I just know there's been some sensitivity to that in the past, and I know I personally prefer to fly "under the radar" -- especially during that rash of thefts that went on a year or two ago.

Comment

so does any of you jackers know what size bolt thread i should get to replace the bottom bolt for windershield ?

or will the CJ windshield bolt knob work in its place ? :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

yj and cj are the same as far as i know bill. i can search for you.
                  "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
                  Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

I know most of it is, but after hood/grill transplant I have noticed some differences ! LOL

plus the cheapest widshield knobs I have found is $25.00 a pair !
                    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Wes, rjh,

Thanks for the response and clarity.

I wonder what percentage of posts on all forums are informational in nature?? Most of that being technical builds or modifications.

That's my last "jack" Spune!!!

Comment

dont worry about it as everyone does it once in awile with out even realizing it !

I know as I have had it happen to me too on a few occasions ! ;-)

actually I have even jacked me own threads now and then so it aint no thing !

I know I dont loose any sleep over it ! LOL :-)
                        Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Working...
                        X