hood / grill transplant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood / grill transplant

well I got the grill and hood swapped out today , thanks tavis and wally and of course me brother ! well done !

I had read about how the Cj grill was about an inch taller, but no one mentioned that the radiator would not fit !

after making some new brackets to mount radiator and re-installing original fenders (till i can finish me flat fenders in a couple of weeks) it went rather smoothly ! :p

here are a couple of pics of the progress. btw, travis got the hi-line tube fenders

is it me or is the cj windershield of wally's jeep shorter than me YJ's (glass not as tall) ?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Had to buy some new headlights (old ones were probably 30 years old and burned out) and one of the adjusters was broken, but the help section at o'rielly's had headlight adjuster for just about everything but a CJ !

any one know where to get some adjusters besides the junk yard (like there are any CJ's even there) or a steelership ?
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Looks good Spune. What are your plans for the YJ hood and grill?

Comment

looks pretty dang sweet spune

Comment

Looks good Spune!

I would call around tomorrow and see if anybody has them before you do anymore driving. I have seen CJ7 style headlight adjusters at an auto parts store, I just can't remember which one?

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by WallyP226 View Post
            Looks good Spune!

I would call around tomorrow and see if anybody has them before you do anymore driving. I have seen CJ7 style headlight adjusters at an auto parts store, I just can't remember which one?

Wally

I bought new headlights (sylvania halogen?) they were twice as much as conventional and work GREAT ! I can use duct tape or whatever to wedge the aim of lights for the now.

but deffinately would like some adjusters to make it easier !

also, see if ya can find some work gloves that attach to the wrench you are holding so it does not become a missile and go flying off to hit someone in the head !

or was that a well planned attack ? hmmmmmmmmmmm

LOLOLOLOLOL !

sorry, couldnt resist :-)
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Originally posted by diabloed View Post
              Looks good Spune. What are your plans for the YJ hood and grill?
              sold the cutdown hood and grill to travis .
              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

spune, I should have some laying around which one is it? I have several buckets that are slightly damaged. We might be able to find the right one for you. you can have it if it is part of one of the damaged ones. I also have full up good buckets to but would rather keep those for me just in case I need them.

Comment

is bucket the actual housing for headlight ? or something else ?

it looks like adjuster has a screw and the far end (fiberglass?)is riveted to back of headlight housing.
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

hmmm I wonder why the photobucket pics arent showing here when they show on me jeep buildup thread http://www.brushbeaters.com/modules....ewtopic&t=4732 ? ..hmmmmmm
                    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Looking good Spune!

Comment

Originally posted by spunebil View Post
                        hmmm I wonder why the photobucket pics arent showing here when they show on me jeep buildup thread http://www.brushbeaters.com/modules....ewtopic&t=4732 ? ..hmmmmmm
                        I can't see either place...the ones on here are not available and the ones on Brushbeaters are in a restricted area....

JOhn
                        1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

i can't see the pix here, Spune? d'ya move 'em to the brushbeaters? your jeep looks good as an '89 cj...9? thanx for the parts. i'm debating using them in a personal project or selling them. that grill is really nice. if nothing else, it would look great on the garage wall (when i get a garage...).

Comment

Originally posted by t-rav_12 View Post
                            i can't see the pix here, Spune? d'ya move 'em to the brushbeaters? your jeep looks good as an '89 cj...9? thanx for the parts. i'm debating using them in a personal project or selling them. that grill is really nice. if nothing else, it would look great on the garage wall (when i get a garage...).
                            You could always donate them to a good cause...I'll be hunting for a set to put on a buggy eventually.

Comment

pm sent, Darrin.

Comment

Working...
                              X