Diff cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff cover

Ok. Lame topic, I know, but before I buy I wanted to know if anyone had good luck with price & quality on diff covers. Looking for a stronger diff cover for a ford 8.8 (out of a late 90's exploder). Yes, it took me a few years, but I finally broke my diff.......again. yeah.

Here's a cover I found that looked good for the price. I don't need anything too heavy duty, would like to keep it around $100 or less.

http://www.knowwhere2jeep.com/catalo...oducts_id=9589

That is basically what I have on my 8.8. But if you go to Solid themselves, it is about 1/2 price.
    Mike
    Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

There are some stout 100 dollar ones on ebay too

Comment

i was looking on sunday, and Solid Axle has 'em right now for $65.

Comment

Just buy an OX locker for your 8.8, you'll get a heavy duty diff cover for free.
          sigpic
          Reed Brunk, You can have joy like mine too! It's a Jeep thing again!
          99TJ: 4:88s, 8.8 with OX Locker, 36 TSLs, Homemade mid-arm rear 4 link and front 3 link suspension, Over the knuckle Chevy Tie-rod end steering, AW4 auto tranny swap, and lots of dents and dings!

Comment

don't forget your loctite if you go that route... :shock:

Comment

I think I'll go the Solid diff cover route. Got limited slip in the rear so I'll save the OX locker for the day that I actually have money.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Pretty much any aftermarket cover is going to give you better protection than the stockers. They're awful thin if you hold one side by side to an aftermarket cover. They're designed to hold the oil in on the street, not bash against the rocks.

I had some Riddler covers for mine that worked well. I've got a Crane and a clearanced BTF cover on the D44's now. The BTF had to have a bit ground off to clear the Rubi's ring gear.

Comment

Is anyone using Dynatrac Diff Covers? I called them and they measured their covers and they are 3.2" in depth. I've heard that replacing the front diff on Rubicons with Dana 44 is difficult due to tie rods. ARB states on their website "will not fit Rubicons". Looking for something stronger as I head to Frostbite12 at KSRocks in Feb.

Comment

I went with a solid & gonna put one in the front d30 in the near future. good note on the clearance. It's fairly tight now with my wj knuckle swap/cross over steering. Guess I'll have to measure first!

Comment

I prefer the ARB cover meslf :)
                      Sure they cost a wee bit more
                      But are very Stout plus they
                      have a dipstick ;)
                      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Yeah - I like the ARB looks and their video on their web site with the guy wailing away with the sledge hammer. I like their magnetic dip stick too! The only problem is, ARB says their covers will not work on a Rubicon with Dana 44's. Sigh.... so Dynatrac seems like a good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramasun View Post
                          Yeah - I like the ARB looks and their video on their web site with the guy wailing away with the sledge hammer. I like their magnetic dip stick too! The only problem is, ARB says their covers will not work on a Rubicon with Dana 44's. Sigh.... so Dynatrac seems like a good alternative.
                          I went with Dyantrac Pro 44 front and rear a week before Frostbite. GLAD I did, as I took a good whack on the front one. No damage, but less paint now!!

Comment

Working...
                          X