35's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35's?

My Jeep is going to cease being a daily driver.
    I currently am running 33X12.50/15 tires on a 4" Pro Comp lift.
    I want to go to 35" tires, I would most likely use a simple 1" puck for the extra lift.
    I have a Rubicon, so I am running 4.11 gears.
    Advice on whether this is a good idea?
    I know some have done it, does anyone regret it?

Should work, You will for sure feel the tire size.
    Adam G

Comment

If your not using it as a DD then it will be fine. gears mainly effect highway power. I went from 3.07 to 4.56 and around town it really didn't make that much of a difference accept I went through the gears quicker. but I finally got my high end back. you might find yourself using drive or 4th gear a little more. Personally I would go to 37" or more if your not using it as your DD. I used my jeep as my DD the last two years with 37 and now that I have a car also I want to go bigger, or at least more aggressive (have MT/R's now, they are good for summer cruising as well as off-road)

that's my .02

Comment

I don't have the garage clearance for any more. sucks to be me sometimes.

Comment

Air down before you pull in the garage.

Comment

if its not a daily, does it need to live in the garage or can you cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milk Man
              if its not a daily, does it need to live in the garage or can you cover it.
              Or drop the pressure down till you get the height you need...

Comment

I run 37" tires on my Rubicon with factory gearing, Auto Trans. I drive mine everywhere, no trailering. In hills I bypass the Overdrive. Otherwise no problem. My primary reason for not lowering my gearing was offroad. With a 4 to 1 T-case ratio I am plenty low geared when in low side. Didn't want to increase the stress on the pinion gear by reducing it's size either. So far no regrets.

One last point. Tire size is brand unique. For example Interco tires tend to measure what they are marked, 35" tires actually measure 35". Most other brands fall short (no pun intended). My 37x13.5x15 Claw Radials are only an inch taller than my 35x10.5x15 SSRs.

I started wheeling hard with 33" tires, then stepped to 35", then to 37". Haven't regretted any of those steps.

Comment

I have some 35 inch tires I am looking to trade for some 33's to put on my boys Cherokee

Comment

What kinda tars are yer 35's, Keith? What does the tread depth measure? I'd be interested in trading the 33"x12.5-15's on my wrangler (KM2's) for some comparable 35's.

Comment

You say its a Rubicon so it has 4:11 gears I have know many Rubi's that run 35s with the stock gearing as DD just fine I run 35s with the stock 3:75 gearing but my motor is not stock
                      KB0ZNR
                      05 LJ, Chevy LSS, 241OR, Mutt long arm, OBA, AEV High Line, Full cage, 35s tube steps and bumpers, 31.5 gal fuel tank

Comment

I have two sets. BFG ATs. Durango ATs. Levi sent you some photos to your e mail. Which ever ones don't go I am going to put on my Wrangler for driving this winter. Both sets have lots of life I just do not have a tire tread measure.

Comment

How tall is your garage? I have what I would consider the standard size doors out in the shop and tonight I have three Jeeps in there. One on 36's, one on 37's and one on 42's and they all fit through the door without much trouble...

Comment

um did I miss it or did this thread skip like 4 years?
                            4x4LAND.com
                            Mike
                            Knowledge is priceless

Comment

Hahahahahaha! Nice catch!

Comment

Working...
                              X