brake pedal slowly goes to floor...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pedal slowly goes to floor...

Hey Everyone, My 99 XJ has a brake problem. I come to a stop with a low pedal & as I set stopped it goes on to the floor. In fact with the brakes floored it will even roll off! Just to cover the basics...Fluid-Full, No lines or wheel cylinders leaks. Vacuum line to booster is sealed with clamps. maybe some type of internal booster failure? Thanks, Dean

sounds like air bubbles on lines. Bleed brake lines and it should be fine . Easies way for me , is to place containers at each wheel below bleeder valve, crack them open a little bit as brake fluid drains slowly, keep topping off master cylinder so it don't drain out . after a few minutes or whatever to drain air bubbles out, and then close back bleeder valves and then front ones. topping master cylinder when needed. Its the easiest way I have found to bleed brakes and clutch master cylinders by yourself, or if two of ya, where ya don't to PUMP pedal Over and Over ! ;)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

That sounds like it could also be a master cylinder bypassing internally. When sitting at a stop and the brake pedal drops more that is a sign of a bad master cylinder.
      Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

Sorry for the very delayed reply. It was the master cylinder slowly bleeding off. I went ahead & replaced the booster too. Thanks for the help.

Comment

That was a long delay, glad to know that you have brakes now though!
          Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

Working...
          X