2001 xj sport no power on incline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 xj sport no power on incline

I have a 2001 xj that when parked on an incline facing up hill has no power. The jeep runs fine and idles smooth except in this one situation occurs its acting like its not getting any fuel.I tested the fuel pressure and had 40 startup and holds strong at 48 while you are in the throttle. Everything returns to normal after you hold the throttle to the floor for approximately 10-15 seconds and then proceeds to run like a champ. There are no check engine lights or codes being thrown witch leads me to believe it is something not hooked into the harness (ie, fuel pump, vacuum issue) .has anyone had similiar issues and give me a place to start looking.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like fuel pump or filter, which is on the pump. They will idle and rev fine but when the engine is under load it will suck the fuel line dry and fall on its face.

Comment

That's what I thought and I tried to recreate the scenario and that's when I checked the fuel pressure and it seemed to be okay. I will try and make it happen again and check the pressures again

Thanks

Comment

The pump will create enough pressure when the engine isn't under a load, but when you drive it it will fall flat because the pump can't produce the required volume. Both pressure and volume are important.

In other words, unless you check the volume pressure won't tell you anything.

Comment

After reading post like this, I wish for a simple sbc more and more ! ;)
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

My dad (Chromelure) had the EXACT same problem & it ended up being something totally unexpected & cheap to replace! so lemme ask him & I will get back with you asap

Comment

It hasn't happened in a while.....so I had kind of even forget it had happened but any info would be appreciated thanks

Comment

Working...
              X