249 to 242 swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 249 to 242 swap

ok I was told this was an easy swap. Does it matter if the 242 came from an xj or does it need to be from a zj? do all i need to have is the case or do i need different plug ins too?
    "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
    Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

mine was a straight in swap, same plug ins, linkage and drive shaft. You will have to check the spline count depending on what you pull it from. a ZJ with the same motor 6 or 8 would be your best bet.

why you swapping, i bashed the **** out of mine and had no issues. i swapped to get 2 wheel drive, while off road, so the lockers would not push in the tight corners.

the swap will not gain you any gas mileage increase. zip zero and notta.
    Wes

Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Comment

Advanced adapters has the correct shaft and can tell you exactly what you need

Comment

I'm with Wes. It's a super simple swap. Just make sure the spline counts are the same.

Comment

doing this for the 2wd as well. I want to change all the cv stuff over to joints and have 2wd for mech lockers. plus while wheeling...sometimes 2wd comes in handy! And the 242 has an sye already
          "I've only been a Jeep owner a few years, but I'm finding that a Jeep is a lot like a woman. They clean up nice, but they're more fun when they're dirty..."
          Easy livin'--10 jku rubi ;),2012 cummins mega, 95 ZJ

Comment

Originally posted by tuffnutz70 View Post
            doing this for the 2wd as well. I want to change all the cv stuff over to joints and have 2wd for mech lockers. plus while wheeling...sometimes 2wd comes in handy! And the 242 has an sye already
            242 is good, just make sure it is fully engaged while the wheelling !
            I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
            Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
            it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
            Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
            X