Sye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sye

I am about to install a SYE kit on my Cherokee and was told that a front drive shaft can be used for the rear when doing a SYE. My question is what year of shaft would work ?

most people just find a front shaft at a JY and have it rebuilt to the needed length. or take the measurements and order one. carolina driveline seems to have good rates. inland truck parts does a good job rebuilding shafts

Comment

I always thought the same thing, that you could simply use a front shaft in the rear. Im 99% sure I had a friend do that.

Comment

For the XJ I always read that the longest front driveshaft available is from a V-8 ZJ and those would work the best.

Comment

what does it cost to have a shaft rebuilt?

Comment

when ITP rebuilt/lengthened my rear ds it was around 100 IIRC

Comment

It depends on if your XJ is an auto or manual. The ZJ shaft is a bit longer, which works well with the manual XJ/SYE. If yours is an auto, then you can use the front shaft from an auto equipped XJ. Now, if you are running alot of lift, you will need a custom one.

:)

John
              1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

I ran a front sh aft fore and aft...m
                had a dana44 back aft it matters
                I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                X