zj front axle help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zj front axle help

I am wanting to get rid of the front axle cv joints what all do i need to swap them out and were is the best place to get the parts? btw will a xj front drive shaft fit my grand cherokee?

if you have the 249 t-case (all-time 4wd), it may be hard on standard u-joints vs. cv joints. i'm not positive on this, but maybe something to consider.

Comment

i plan on replacing the transfer case... I had heard the front cv joints break easily any ideas if this is true or not ?

Comment

i've "heard" the same thing, but i take what i hear with a grain of salt. i think it depends alot on your driving style. i wheel the balls off my d-35 rear axel w/ 31's and locker and haven't had to replace anything in 3 yrs.. although i've always been told that the d-35's are a weak link. it'll also depend alot on the tire size you run. bigger tars will necessitate bigger/stronger suspension and drivetrain components.

Comment

i only plan on running a 31" tire and will not be doing alot of rock crawling

Comment

You just need the axle shafts, with tone rings if you want to keep the abs. I do not know about the driveshaft though. Check on NAGCA.com it is your best resource for grand cherokee swap info. I know the driveshaft will work on a WJ but I do not know about the ZJ.
            Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X