Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaf Spring Pack Rebuild -- Any shops in the KC area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf Spring Pack Rebuild -- Any shops in the KC area?

Are there any local spring shops who can rebuild a leaf spring pack?

Rear leaves on my 81 are starting to sag rusted and the clips that hold the spring pack together are broken.

Looking for a shop that specializes in rebuilding springs to bring it back to stock without making for a rough ride.

Thanks -

The best answer on this that I could find would be KC spring co. it is gennerally $70.00 a corner. they will pull rebuid and reinstall or if you want to take your spring they will just rebuild (it costs more if they have to pull them off the vehicle.

thier ph# is 816-421-3010

they are located at 1631 cherry.

Comment

Has anyone had spring work done at this place? I'm actually showing them as K.C. Spring Works, Inc and not KC Spring Co. My '83 AMC Eagle is gonna need new leafs in the rear and I know of a couple places online I can get it done, but thought I'd look into some local options first. I'll be giving them a call this week to see what if anything they might be able to do for me. Was just curious if anyone on here has had any experience with them. Thanks.

This is their website.
      http://www.kcspring.com/

Comment

Place in Olathe has new springs.That's where everyone has pointed me to. Generalspringkc.com .
        Last edited by SpreadEagle; 02-12-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

KC spring does excellent work, I would highly recommend them.
          Some people just need to get over themselves.

Comment

How are their prices? I've seen some reviews online and it sounds like their service is great and speedy at that!

Comment

I called them and they said they couldn't help me with the Eagle :(

Comment

I see that KC Spring Works comes with good recommendation and I called them few days back to ask about re-arching and maybe adding a leaf. Seems reasonable at around 80 bucks per spring if I bring them in.

My question is are these springs worth taking to them to have rebuilt or would I be wasting my money? (pics taken in basically level driveway, unloaded)

What say you Jeepers?
                -Mike B-
                '01 XJ Sport
                '11KK Limited

Comment

KC Spring , down 16th way ! ..... They do GREAT WORK ! I have had jeep springs and 1 ton work truck springs done there ! ;)
                  I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
                  it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
                  Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
                  X