TJ Oil pan Skidplate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Oil pan Skidplate

Im interested in either DIY or puchasing an oil pan skidplate. Whats a good option for the price? What do you all run? Is there any solid plans to crafting my own or will that be cost prohibitive? Has anyone else made there own? Any feedback would be great thanks.
    Nathan

I never found a need for one , but have ya checked quadratec?
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Only reason I want one is last time I was Kanrocks i tapped my oil pan on a rock lol. Thankfully my spotter was good and stopped me. It scared me cant be losing my oil . Im also at stock ride height on 30s. An inch or 2 of lift I would have cleared it easy.
      Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Failureface View Post
        Only reason I want one is last time I was Kanrocks i tapped my oil pan on a rock lol.

You too!

I am leaning toward having a custom skidplate made. Better protection and better fit. (of course I have to replace my oil pan 1St)

While I'm there might as well flat belly skid too, then small body lift.

IMO
        Last edited by RoKn; 02-17-2016, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Do you have a custom shop you use?
          Nathan

Comment

Do you have a custom shop you use?

Calll Mike (or Riley) @ 4x4Land. 785-862-8008
            Last edited by RoKn; 02-17-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

stock lift is one thing, but you mentioned your spotter..... did spotter not notice the rock before you were spotted to drive over it ? :)
              Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

Well in honesty spune were both new to wheeling and I was trying something I probably shouldnt have. I was having a go big or go home moment luckily it wast a tow home.
                Nathan

Comment

Well in honesty spune were both new to wheeling and I was trying something I probably shouldnt have. I was having a go big or go home moment luckily it wast a tow home.
                  been there done that meself ! :) ..... a spotter should have experience off road, or why bother ! ;) .... but they learn as they go... so next time they will know some of the things to look out for ! ;)
                  Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?

Comment

I used the Tera-flex one and thought is was good for the money I don't have one now and will regret the post.
                    KB0ZNR
                    05 LJ, Chevy LSS, 241OR, Mutt long arm, OBA, AEV High Line, Full cage, 35s tube steps and bumpers, 31.5 gal fuel tank

Comment

Working...
                    X