• Show
Clear All

• 8.25 rear end

How can you tell if your Chrysler 8.25 has a ls or not? thanks

Mine is a 1996

Originally posted by XJ-will View Post
    How can you tell if your Chrysler 8.25 has a ls or not? thanks

Mine is a 1996
    You used to be able to lift the rear wheels off the ground, spin one wheel, and watch what the other one does. If it spins the same direction, it has a LS in it, if it spins the other direction, it is open. The problem is, with a LS, if the clutches are shot, it will act like it is open also. Give this a try first, it may give you an idea.

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

I will try this thanks for the tip!

Comment

You don't have to lift both sides off the ground...you can do one side depending on your floor jack. You should have tcase in neutral and the parking brake off, common sense but at times forgetful. So make sure you block your front tires.
        If you lift one side, the other side will restrict the movement some....so it will take a little strength to rotate.

If you do claim to have ls inside, check the diff tag and it should have a ls in some numbers which would be the gear ratio. Now, being how old the unit is and how many street miles its been through, you may not be strong enough to break the strength of the ls, but wheeling, yes, the ls may not be effective.
        Mike
        Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
        X