2006 Unlimited Smittybilt Tube Fender Install Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Unlimited Smittybilt Tube Fender Install Help

Not that I have ever claimed to be savvy with anything auto related, I thought the Smittybilt tube fenders looked easy enough even for me. I was wrong. I have one bolted to the grille and to the firewall but the 4 connecting the inner fender are way off line. And I haven't done any drilling. Or the passenger side fender.

It's not drivable but I can tow if someone has a shop or knows a reputable shop to take it for finished fender installation. Or if someone is willing to venture to scenic Liberty,MO to finish things up in my driveway I'd love to have a quote. I have terrible tools so you'd probably want to bring your own. I can help, I'm just not savvy enough apparently to handle the task on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help finding a solution to my fun problem.

Originally posted by ekaleido View Post
    Not that I have ever claimed to be savvy with anything auto related, I thought the Smittybilt tube fenders looked easy enough even for me. I was wrong. I have one bolted to the grille and to the firewall but the 4 connecting the inner fender are way off line. And I haven't done any drilling. Or the passenger side fender.

It's not drivable but I can tow if someone has a shop or knows a reputable shop to take it for finished fender installation. Or if someone is willing to venture to scenic Liberty,MO to finish things up in my driveway I'd love to have a quote. I have terrible tools so you'd probably want to bring your own. I can help, I'm just not savvy enough apparently to handle the task on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help finding a solution to my fun problem.
    You might try Mike at 4x4Land in Topeka. He makes trips up this way and can haul it to his shop. You might also get on Facebook and post this in some of the Jeep groups there (kc Northland Jeeps, KC Rock Crawlers, etc.)

Good luck,

John
    1997 Cherokee, 3", 32" MT's, and too many lights.. :)

Always Smilin'

Comment

did you have bolts just loosly installed in grill and fender, so you could move it around to line up other holes before you start torqing them down ?
      I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
      Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
      it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
      Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

I think the biggest problem I had was the fact my tools suck. Had it towed over to a friend's shop and with decent tools everything worked out just as easily as the instructions made it look.

Comment

ok, but not sure how tool quality played in installing fenders ! ;) .... but at least your friend was able to do it ! :)
          I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
          Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
          it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
          Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Working...
          X