Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YJ tube front fenders (do they replace inner fender also)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ tube front fenders (do they replace inner fender also)

Just bought a 1995 yj that was salvage title from taking a kit to the driver fender and hood. So if anyone has a stock hood and fender let me know. I was looking at the tube replacement fenders out there on ebay like smitty built. I am new to jeep s but it apprears the inner and out fender on these yj are one unit. When you buy these tube style fenders, do they act as the inner fender as well and give you a place to mount you under hood goodies to? If they do it seems that for just a bit more money than buying a stock fender I can the tube fenders. If it uses the stock fender as an inner fender though I am not a canidate though because mine is pretty wrinkled.

Thanks,
    Ray

I built my own tube fenders, but retained factory inner fenders. Not sure about store bought tube fenders, but they probably do the same ! ;)
    I may be Rad and I may be Bad :pbj: but I am never SAD ! :kilt:
    Yea I'm *Q*C* and ?
    it is a great feeling to have served your country and walk PROUD
    Yes veterans stand tall and their shadow protects all !

Comment

Most tube fenders are "some assembly required" and give you templates to cut the outers off your old fenders, and re-use the original inners. The only ones I've seen that also include inners are Rokmen (hiline) and TNT / Treks Offroad (normal). Dunno if they make any for YJ's or not.

Comment

I have the MetalCloak arched tube fenders. They are a direct bolt in and come with the inner fenders as well. They took me about a 1\2 day to install and allow me to run 35s with a 2inch lift. (I could squeeze 37s in with the 2inch lift, but I like the articulation on 35s). They are solid... I have had people standing on them (when I was in too deep of water), and they have survived a few direct impacts from trees and rocks with zero damage.

Customer service @Metalcloak is 1st class as well. A small American made shop that builds everything right there.

Only downside is the Co$t, but you get what you pay for..

RoKn

I should get paid for this post.... lol
        Last edited by RoKn; 04-01-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

For your local Metalcloaker, check out Stomper4x4 in Olathe. They apply the MCs to JKs all the time.
          Mike
          Jagular7

Lnxa, KS

Comment

Working...
          X